AD&D 2nd Edition Character Tool

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd (More info?)

Anyone have suggestions for a good AD&D 2nd edition character tool?

I want it to:

- allow for entry and maintenance of multiple characters
- track AC based on gear worn
- track THAC0 for each weapon
- Allow for entry of custom items.

I have the old core rules, but I'm not even sure if the patches for that are
available anymore

I tried Roleplaying Assistant, but it doesnt track AC or THAC0 based on
gear worn for AD&D 2nd Edition.

--

It's 3:30, why aren't you at work?
I.. I didn't feel like it.

    Paul Coene wrote:
    > Anyone have suggestions for a good AD&D 2nd edition character tool?
    >
    > I want it to:
    >
    > - allow for entry and maintenance of multiple characters
    > - track AC based on gear worn
    > - track THAC0 for each weapon
    > - Allow for entry of custom items.
    >
    > I have the old core rules, but I'm not even sure if the patches for that are
    > available anymore
    >
    > I tried Roleplaying Assistant, but it doesnt track AC or THAC0 based on
    > gear worn for AD&D 2nd Edition.

    I think you have to sit down and code that yourself.

    //Aho
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 09:34:28 +0100, "J.O. Aho" <user@example.net>
    wrote:

    >Paul Coene wrote:
    >> Anyone have suggestions for a good AD&D 2nd edition character tool?
    >>
    >> I want it to:
    >>
    >> - allow for entry and maintenance of multiple characters
    >> - track AC based on gear worn
    >> - track THAC0 for each weapon
    >> - Allow for entry of custom items.
    >>
    >> I have the old core rules, but I'm not even sure if the patches for that are
    >> available anymore
    >>
    >> I tried Roleplaying Assistant, but it doesnt track AC or THAC0 based on
    >> gear worn for AD&D 2nd Edition.
    >>

    >I think you have to sit down and code that yourself.
    >

    > //Aho

    The patches for the CR2 Expansion can be found at planetadnd.com and
    the archived pages of fantaseum.com .
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    "Paul Coene" <drool@noudess.droolsretreat.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone have suggestions for a good AD&D 2nd edition character tool?

    CharGen is great, but it was written for the Amiga. You could run it on an
    emulator if you had to, I suppose.

    Jim
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    Jim MacKenzie wrote:
    > "Paul Coene" <drool@noudess.droolsretreat.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Anyone have suggestions for a good AD&D 2nd edition character tool?
    >

    > CharGen is great, but it was written for the Amiga. You could run it on an
    > emulator if you had to, I suppose.

    Even if it takes care of quite a lot of stuff, it don't track everything
    listed and the latest version was half finished anyway and the source haven't
    been released.

    There was quite many nice tools for the Amiga, two usefull tools that I don't
    remeber the name of, did generate spell lists, one for wizards and the other
    for priests. Did myself release a small tool to keep track of time and
    generate random encounters, FREncG isn't anymore on AmiNet.

    Have to test all those and see if they work fine under MorphOS, but I guess
    that I should update my MorphOS install to the new 1.4.4 release.

    //Aho
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    Hi Paul,

    This might be what you are looking for:
    http://www.dark-legacy.com/redblade3e/

    These charachter maintenance progs are easy to use, a lot faster than pcgen
    stuff, expandable and for edtions 2.0 through 3.5.

    Cerbain
    www.cerbain.net

    "Paul Coene" <drool@noudess.droolsretreat.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone have suggestions for a good AD&D 2nd edition character tool?
    >
    > I want it to:
    >
    > - allow for entry and maintenance of multiple characters
    > - track AC based on gear worn
    > - track THAC0 for each weapon
    > - Allow for entry of custom items.
    >
    > I have the old core rules, but I'm not even sure if the patches for that
    are
    > available anymore
    >
    > I tried Roleplaying Assistant, but it doesnt track AC or THAC0 based on
    > gear worn for AD&D 2nd Edition.
    >
    > --
    >
    > It's 3:30, why aren't you at work?
    > I.. I didn't feel like it.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    Frankly, I've yet to find any that actually do the job well enough to
    bother with. But try some out. Here's one I tried, didn't personally
    keep, but I believe it fits your demands:
    http://www.rwe-uk.com/Familiar/

    Web search on some terms like "character generator" "AD&D" "2E" and
    you're bound to find something out there. IMHO, the Core Rules tools
    do an adequate job, as good as anything else I've found. So if you
    can get it installed and patched up, you might save yourself some time
    and just go with that.

    Seems the vast bulk of what's out there is all for 3E or 3.5E already.
    Woe is me.

    G'luck Paul ... and let me know if you find something stellar! ;)
    --
    Dugald the Lexicographer

    On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:53:26 GMT, Paul Coene
    <drool@noudess.droolsretreat.com> wrote:

    >Anyone have suggestions for a good AD&D 2nd edition character tool?
    >
    >I want it to:
    >
    >- allow for entry and maintenance of multiple characters
    >- track AC based on gear worn
    >- track THAC0 for each weapon
    >- Allow for entry of custom items.
    >
    >I have the old core rules, but I'm not even sure if the patches for that are
    >available anymore
    >
    >I tried Roleplaying Assistant, but it doesnt track AC or THAC0 based on
    >gear worn for AD&D 2nd Edition.

Games Video Games