AD&D 2nd Edition Character Tool

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd (More info?)

Anyone have suggestions for a good AD&D 2nd edition character tool?

I want it to:

- allow for entry and maintenance of multiple characters
- track AC based on gear worn
- track THAC0 for each weapon
- Allow for entry of custom items.

I have the old core rules, but I'm not even sure if the patches for that are
available anymore

I tried Roleplaying Assistant, but it doesnt track AC or THAC0 based on
gear worn for AD&D 2nd Edition.

--

It's 3:30, why aren't you at work?
I.. I didn't feel like it.

Paul Coene wrote:
> Anyone have suggestions for a good AD&D 2nd edition character tool?
>
> I want it to:
>
> - allow for entry and maintenance of multiple characters
> - track AC based on gear worn
> - track THAC0 for each weapon
> - Allow for entry of custom items.
>
> I have the old core rules, but I'm not even sure if the patches for that are
> available anymore
>
> I tried Roleplaying Assistant, but it doesnt track AC or THAC0 based on
> gear worn for AD&D 2nd Edition.

I think you have to sit down and code that yourself.

//Aho

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd (More info?)

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 09:34:28 +0100, "J.O. Aho" <user@example.net>
wrote:

>Paul Coene wrote:
>> Anyone have suggestions for a good AD&D 2nd edition character tool?
>>
>> I want it to:
>>
>> - allow for entry and maintenance of multiple characters
>> - track AC based on gear worn
>> - track THAC0 for each weapon
>> - Allow for entry of custom items.
>>
>> I have the old core rules, but I'm not even sure if the patches for that are
>> available anymore
>>
>> I tried Roleplaying Assistant, but it doesnt track AC or THAC0 based on
>> gear worn for AD&D 2nd Edition.
>>

>I think you have to sit down and code that yourself.
>

> //Aho

The patches for the CR2 Expansion can be found at planetadnd.com and
the archived pages of fantaseum.com .

"Paul Coene" <drool@noudess.droolsretreat.com> wrote in message
> Anyone have suggestions for a good AD&D 2nd edition character tool?

CharGen is great, but it was written for the Amiga. You could run it on an
emulator if you had to, I suppose.

Jim

Jim MacKenzie wrote:
> "Paul Coene" <drool@noudess.droolsretreat.com> wrote in message
>
>>Anyone have suggestions for a good AD&D 2nd edition character tool?
>

> CharGen is great, but it was written for the Amiga. You could run it on an
> emulator if you had to, I suppose.

Even if it takes care of quite a lot of stuff, it don't track everything
listed and the latest version was half finished anyway and the source haven't
been released.

There was quite many nice tools for the Amiga, two usefull tools that I don't
remeber the name of, did generate spell lists, one for wizards and the other
for priests. Did myself release a small tool to keep track of time and
generate random encounters, FREncG isn't anymore on AmiNet.

Have to test all those and see if they work fine under MorphOS, but I guess
that I should update my MorphOS install to the new 1.4.4 release.

//Aho

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd (More info?)

Hi Paul,

This might be what you are looking for:
http://www.dark-legacy.com/redblade3e/

These charachter maintenance progs are easy to use, a lot faster than pcgen
stuff, expandable and for edtions 2.0 through 3.5.

Cerbain
www.cerbain.net

"Paul Coene" <drool@noudess.droolsretreat.com> wrote in message
> Anyone have suggestions for a good AD&D 2nd edition character tool?
>
> I want it to:
>
> - allow for entry and maintenance of multiple characters
> - track AC based on gear worn
> - track THAC0 for each weapon
> - Allow for entry of custom items.
>
> I have the old core rules, but I'm not even sure if the patches for that
are
> available anymore
>
> I tried Roleplaying Assistant, but it doesnt track AC or THAC0 based on
> gear worn for AD&D 2nd Edition.
>
> --
>
> It's 3:30, why aren't you at work?
> I.. I didn't feel like it.

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd (More info?)

Frankly, I've yet to find any that actually do the job well enough to
bother with. But try some out. Here's one I tried, didn't personally
keep, but I believe it fits your demands:
http://www.rwe-uk.com/Familiar/

Web search on some terms like "character generator" "AD&D" "2E" and
you're bound to find something out there. IMHO, the Core Rules tools
do an adequate job, as good as anything else I've found. So if you
can get it installed and patched up, you might save yourself some time
and just go with that.

Seems the vast bulk of what's out there is all for 3E or 3.5E already.
Woe is me.

G'luck Paul ... and let me know if you find something stellar! ;)
--
Dugald the Lexicographer

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:53:26 GMT, Paul Coene