MN-700 with Linksys Wireless G Range Expander??

Last response: in Networking
Share
October 24, 2004 8:38:02 PM

I am having problems getting the range expander to
connect to my wireless network. After talking with
Linksys support (didn't help much), they said I need to
find out if the MN-700 is "wds" compatible?

If not, this expander won't work with my setup.

Does anyone know if the MN-700 supports "wds" (wireless
bridging). If so, is it always "on".

Thanks.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 25, 2004 1:12:14 AM

The MN-700 does not support WDS

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"JS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having problems getting the range expander to
> connect to my wireless network. After talking with
> Linksys support (didn't help much), they said I need to
> find out if the MN-700 is "wds" compatible?
>
> If not, this expander won't work with my setup.
>
> Does anyone know if the MN-700 supports "wds" (wireless
> bridging). If so, is it always "on".
>
> Thanks.
October 31, 2004 12:52:30 PM

I had the exact same experience -is WDS (wireless
detection system) something that can be upgraded through
Firmware? or is it a hardware limitation?

Thanks -
-Tony

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 31, 2004 4:54:47 PM

The Broadcom chipset in the MN-700 definitely would support W DS. It
is unlikely that Microsoft would add a new feature like this since
they have discontinued all networking products.

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 09:52:30 -0800, "Tony"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist