MN-700 with Linksys Wireless G Range Expander??

I am having problems getting the range expander to
connect to my wireless network. After talking with
Linksys support (didn't help much), they said I need to
find out if the MN-700 is "wds" compatible?

If not, this expander won't work with my setup.

Does anyone know if the MN-700 supports "wds" (wireless
bridging). If so, is it always "on".

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about linksys wireless range expander

    The MN-700 does not support WDS

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "JS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am having problems getting the range expander to
    > connect to my wireless network. After talking with
    > Linksys support (didn't help much), they said I need to
    > find out if the MN-700 is "wds" compatible?
    >
    > If not, this expander won't work with my setup.
    >
    > Does anyone know if the MN-700 supports "wds" (wireless
    > bridging). If so, is it always "on".
    >
    > Thanks.

    I had the exact same experience -is WDS (wireless
    detection system) something that can be upgraded through
    Firmware? or is it a hardware limitation?

    Thanks -
    -Tony

    The Broadcom chipset in the MN-700 definitely would support W DS. It
    is unlikely that Microsoft would add a new feature like this since
    they have discontinued all networking products.

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 09:52:30 -0800, "Tony"

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

Routers Wireless Linksys Networking