[Crawl] Funny starter kit ;-)

One single cursed ring on level 1 isn't special, though I never got such
an odd starter kit before:

Inventory:
Hand weapons
a - an uncursed runed quarterstaff of protection (weapon)

[snicadysnap]

Jewellery
*** g - a cursed -3 ring of evasion (left hand) ***
*** i - a cursed -6 ring of protection (right hand) ***
k - an uncursed square jade amulet (around neck)

Feels so extremely balanced! <g>
This is a lvl 2 Hill Orc Priest on dlvl 1. *If* he survives until the
first ?oRC appears, it could be a candidate for an interesting game...
Somehow it remembers me to my only winner in Angband (Vanilla), also a
priest which drove into an almost impossible situation right after his
creation.

Wonder what the amulet might be (no "oGourmand, that's for sure) ;-)

Rubinstein

Rubinstein wrote:
> One single cursed ring on level 1 isn't special, though I never got
such
> an odd starter kit before:
>
> Inventory:
> Hand weapons
> a - an uncursed runed quarterstaff of protection (weapon)
>
> [snicadysnap]
>
> Jewellery
> *** g - a cursed -3 ring of evasion (left hand) ***
> *** i - a cursed -6 ring of protection (right hand) ***
> k - an uncursed square jade amulet (around neck)
>
> Feels so extremely balanced! <g>

Darts! LOTS of darts! Darts darts darts!

:)

Interestingly, this comes just in the time when I have started running
Common Elves whose goal is to train staves and evocations, grab the
Staff of Dispater from its owner -- a minor problem ;-) -- and use it
throughout the endgame, while being able to use their casting staves
for fighting in a pinch in the midgame. Hill Orcs are a little worse
with staves (and they are far better at some other weapons), but they
are better at the fighting skill and the gestalt of fighting.

Just hope your amulet isn't Inaccuracy. :)

Erik

Erik Piper wrote:

> Rubinstein wrote:
>> an odd starter kit before:
>>
>> Inventory:
>> Hand weapons
>> a - an uncursed runed quarterstaff of protection (weapon)
>>
>> [snicadysnap]
>>
>> Jewellery
>> *** g - a cursed -3 ring of evasion (left hand) ***
>> *** i - a cursed -6 ring of protection (right hand) ***
>> k - an uncursed square jade amulet (around neck)
>
> [...]
> Hill Orcs are a little worse with staves...

He, it's a quarterstaff of protection! Imagine AC/EV without that
staff...

> Just hope your amulet isn't Inaccuracy. :)

Too funny, was my first thought, too. ;-) Interestingly, before that
char died (cornered and poisoned by 2 dark green snakes, too late to
run), I got that amulet ID'd: It was a "oCorrosion. Guess what I thought
now? "At least my precious 2 rings won't rust away!" Oh well...

Rubinstein