Dual boot hard drive and image recovery

cityslicker

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
I have just replaced the hard drive on my laptop as the original was starting to fail. I created an image of the windows 7 pro 32bit original drive. I replaced the hard drive and installed a clean 64 bit version of windows. I have also installed a clean 32 bit version as a dual boot. I now want to use the original image of the 32 bit system and install this on the clean 32 bit installation. I have tried this using the image software I have (snapshot) but cannot get it to work. Any advice would be appreciated.

If the partition-size of the clean 32-bit installation is less than the partition-size of the image you are trying to write to it, it's not possible to do what you are trying to do.

The partition-size of the clean 32-bit installation must be equal to or greater than the partition-size of the image you want to write to it.

I realise I have assumed the nature of your problem to be one of partition-size when it may have nothing to do with that. It was, however, something I thought might be relevant after reading the details of your post. My apologies if your problem is caused by something else.