[doomrl] YAVP or YASD?

> DoomRL (v.0.9.7 (WIN)) roguelike post-mortem character dump
>
> Tommy Gun, level 5 soldier, sacrificed himself to kill the Cyberdemon
> on level 20 of the Phobos base.
> He survived 60925 turns and scored 15111 points.
> He found the Phobos Arena.

Won.

> He stormed the Chained Court.

Won.

> He fought on Hell's Arena.

Won. Sorta.

> He faced The Wall.

Just passed through.

> -- Statistics ------------------------------------------------
>
> Health -141/60 Experience 13413/5
> ToHit +0 ToDmg Ranged +0 ToDmg Melee +0
>
> -- Traits ----------------------------------------------------
>
> Ironman (Level 1)
> Hellrunner (Level 1)
> Reloader (Level 3)

I was shooting with D.Shotgun most of the time. Reloader really helped a
lot. Hellrunner was for dodging.

> -- Equipment -------------------------------------------------
>
> [a] [ Armor ] red armor [4/4] (50%)
> [ Weapon ] double shotgun (6d3)x2 [2/2]

My favourite weapon. Quite strong and you cannot miss. This allowed me to
go coward through the last couple of levels.

> [c] [ Boots ] plasteel boots [8/8] (92%)

I have never noticed any change after getting this.

> -- Inventory -------------------------------------------------
>
> [a] plasma rifle (1d8)x8 [32/40]

I am a fan of "coward" tactics, and that makes aming hard. I did not use
this at all.

<Snip ammo and med packs.>

Rook in a cup. wrote:
>> He fought on Hell's Arena.
>
> Won. Sorta.

Why sorta?

>> Ironman (Level 1)
>> Hellrunner (Level 1)
>> Reloader (Level 3)
>
> I was shooting with D.Shotgun most of the time. Reloader really
> helped a lot. Hellrunner was for dodging.

Yeah, seems we start to get a set of standard tactics for DoomRL ;-).

>> [c] [ Boots ] plasteel boots [8/8] (92%)
>
> I have never noticed any change after getting this.

It only affects damage from lava/acid floor.

>> Before him 13 brave souls have ventured into Phobos:
>> 13 of those were killed.

Congratulations :-D
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl)