Which printer has cheapest ink

plambert01747

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
We are looking to buy a home wireless printer for the kids to use for homework, term papers, etc... Not looking for anything special. Wondering which printers have the cheapest replacement ink cartridges. Thanks!

Paul

JohnBoy_33

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Have a little look around paul basically you want the printers using the new Epson T1291 inks T0711, HP364 or Canon PG510. These all have compatible inks with them and have decent all in one printers for around the £30 mark. I personally would recommend http://www.internet-ink.co.uk they give you a 10% discount and decent compatibles rather than having to use the originals. hope this helps. :hello:

Eileen_89

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
This powerful ink jet provides an incredible feature set, and creates vivid, long-lasting results. With its fast print speeds, exceptional paper handling capabilities, and convenient connectivity, the Epson Stylus Photo R200 offers a remarkable choice for versatile, high-quality home printing.

The most amazing printer I have ever owned (inkjet that is) is the Epson Artisan 730. It's normally 199 but if you shop around for bargains it sometimes surfaces for 99! You wont believe the quality this thing puts out especially for photos and pritable CD's. I can't say that its the most viable option as far as the cheapest ink replacement on the market but I know there's two different capacity cartridges available and the basic color cartridge usually runs 13.99 ea and black is 18.99. The ease of setting up this printer is amazing, I can't say enough about this printer as far as the quality and ease of setting up wirelessly and also supports cloud printing. The downside is that Epson is BIG on designing their ink cartridges to not be refillable so you will have to go back with their brand replacement cartridges.

If you are looking at being able to print a LOT of prints between ink replacements I'd recommend you think about a laser printer. I just picked up one, the Samsung CLP-680ND. Its brand new and probably a LOT more than you're looking to spend but with a laser printer you can print 1000 or more prints between toner replacements and there's a few other models and brands that are cheaper. What you have to look at is what your going to print (basic paper prints or occasional photo prints) and let that help you decide whats best for you as a laser printer gets WAY too hot for photo paper. But the quality of a color laser printer will surprise you depending on the brand and model you choose.

I have printed a lot from both of these printers and I can tell you that if you are looking for something to print a few pages here and there then the inkjet might be best but you also have to consider the evaporation is HIGH with inkjet cartridges. Its one of those things that "if you don't use it, you lose it" is very TRUE. I have a Lexmark X4650 and I had barely used the printer for 4-5 months and the cartridges were basically new but the status read back the cartridges were empty due to the fact they dried out.

I have printed exactly 2,000 pages on my Samsung CLP-680ND and my cyan, magenta and yellow toner cartridges still read 87% while my black is at 13%. I went grayscale so the color usage dropped to near 0 but in the beginning, while I was still learning the printer settings, I used the 13% printing 500 color copies. I will spend about 75.00 to refill the black and I should get around 500 more prints from my current black toner cartridge before I have to replace it. Samsung has what they call "ECO driver" that you can go into the printer settings and enable so it will give you options to change settings on your prints to save toner by going grayscale, printing gray text, etc and so forth and it tells you apprx how much toner you save by doing so. A lot of brands and models have a similar option and you simply need to so some homework on what brand/model gets acceptable reviews.