[announce] new roguelike: SimpleGame

Hi all,

This is my first post here, I'd just like to announce my RL game,
SimpleGame. It plays basically like Angband without a magic system,
but has some extras like big creatures and terrain features, and the
ability of items, monsters, and terrain to cast light. Check it out!

http://roguelike-eng.sourceforge.net/

Just click on the "Play SimpleGame" link. If you don't have Java JRE
5.0, go to java.com and it's a painless download/install.

The game is a little rough, but is complete in that it has a quest to
get 50,000 exp and you can (usually) play for that long (1 hr) without
encountering an error.

It supports both graphical and text display modes.

-Tom Seufert
2 answers Last reply
More about announce roguelike simplegame
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Thanks. In its current state, I've limited the content (items,
    monsters, etc) to a fairly small set while I add capabilities just in
    case a redesign is needed (hopefully not!) Maybe I'll at least choose
    a few different types of dragons instead of making them all red Angband
    types...:)

    Anyways, the current plan is to add a bit of content to each release
    along with a few new features...

    I'm not sure if I'll "fix" the issue with the fire spouting fissures;
    once there are teleporting items in the game (tunneling is not planned)
    it might be fun to have areas only reachable that way (especially
    because the player can see across fissures, and they cast light, so the
    player knows there's something there). One thing would be to ensure
    the player always ends up in an area with at least a staircase, or he'd
    be out of luck if he didn't have any teleport capability...

    -Tom Seufert
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Dnia 15 Apr 2005 18:02:48 -0700,
    skreechdog@aol.com napisal(a):

    > The game is a little rough, but is complete in that it has a quest to
    > get 50,000 exp and you can (usually) play for that long (1 hr) without
    > encountering an error.

    A very good job with the engine. But the game seems to lack contents
    a little?

    Large dungeon features (like the fire spouting fissure) will sometimes
    block access to parts of dungeon.

    Really good job, keep it up. :)

    --
    `The Sheep' ('') 3 (..) 3 (..) 3 (..) 3 (--) 3

Video Games