Sign in with
Your question

How to get original wifi connection back after using a wireless N USB?

Last response: in Windows 7
January 10, 2013 10:06:37 PM

Hello,
I installed a Ralink LB Link wireless N USB adapter on my windows 7 laptop and did not really like using the USB so I unplugged the USB, but when I did so, my internet connection disappeared. And my wifi search button turned into a cable box picture with a red X on it. I tried uninstalling the usb driver but my original wifi connection way won't return. And now I cannot use my internet at all unless the USB is plugged into my computer. I tried troubleshooting and all that I could to fix my computer, but I just don't know what I'm doing or how to fix it. Please tell me how can I get rid of the wireless N USB adapter drive from my laptop and get my original way to connect to the internet to return. Thank you.
January 10, 2013 10:11:13 PM

you need to go to services(right click computer, manage, services) and the enable wireless zero service.
January 10, 2013 10:20:33 PM

lxgoldsmith said:
you need to go to services(right click computer, manage, services) and the enable wireless zero service.

I clicked on manage and went to service but I cannot find the "wireless zero service". Do you know if it falls under any other name? Please help, I have no idea what I'm doing.
January 11, 2013 7:41:31 PM

KJJ said:
I clicked on manage and went to service but I cannot find the "wireless zero service". Do you know if it falls under any other name? Please help, I have no idea what I'm doing.

try WLAN auto config
!