Sign in with
Your question

Email on resume not printing

Last response: in Windows 7
January 10, 2013 11:50:15 PM

Hello,
when I print my resume with my email (which automatically comes in blue on my resume) why I have no idea. but when I print out my resume my email address is not on my resume. I have set set my default to Text not raw and still no email on resume help

More about : email resume printing

a b $ Windows 7
January 10, 2013 11:52:25 PM

cyndireed said:
Hello,
when I print my resume with my email (which automatically comes in blue on my resume) why I have no idea. but when I print out my resume my email address is not on my resume. I have set set my default to Text not raw and still no email on resume help

The fact that your email address is blue on the document on your screen is because Word has recognized it as a working link which is normal.

What program are you trying to print this from? Word or another program?
m
l
January 10, 2013 11:58:28 PM

I am using mircosoft office word 2007 document
m
l
Related resources
a c 205 $ Windows 7
January 11, 2013 12:07:00 AM

it is in a header or footer? does it show in print preview?
m
l
January 11, 2013 12:12:34 AM

yes it did
m
l
January 11, 2013 12:33:54 AM

so now what?
m
l
January 11, 2013 1:01:18 AM

I know you are a busy person but can you help me? please
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2013 1:13:12 AM

Highlight the link by dragging the mouse cursor over it to select the text - right click and select Remove Hyperlink (this will turn the link back into just text and it should then print properly)
m
l
January 11, 2013 12:35:17 PM

When I highlight over my email address on my resume and right click for Hyperlink it doesn't give me option to remove hyperlink what am I doing wrong?
m
l
a b 1 Email
a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2013 1:17:12 PM

Click the Office Orb(top left)>click Word Options(on the bottom of the box) > Proofing > AutoCorrect Options, then click the AutoFormat As You Type tab. Clear the checkbox for "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks." Then click the AutoFormat tab and clear the same checkbox. If you want to manually add a hyperlink, select the desired text, right-click it and choose Hyperlink.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2013 1:21:21 PM

Are you sure you are right clicking after highlighting the link (the right click menu is context sensitive and will change depending on the available actions)
It should be like shown in this pic :

m
l
January 11, 2013 3:53:52 PM

OMG it worked you are the best!now I have another problem sorry about this.
ok when open up my resumes using mircosoft word - 2 boxes pop up one says the command can't be performed because a dialog box is open. click ok the close dialog box, 2nd box says mircosoft office end-user license agreement choose one print,accept,decline. why does it does this?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2013 4:42:26 PM

Are you using a Trial version of Office that came with the prebuilt system and has not been purchased ? -- Many of the prebuilt computers will come with a Trial version of office installed that allows a set number of uses and once you have used it that many times you have to either purchase the license to continue using it or it will no longer open. Usually each time you open it during that time it will pop up a dialog box that mentions how many more uses are left and asks if you want to continue - so it might be that if this is not a version that you purchased and installed.

To check if it is a trial version go to the Office Button (top left off screen) - left click and at the bottom of the box that opens select "Word Options" (to the left of Exit Word at the bottom) - click on it and from the new box of options go to the Resources tab and highlight by clicking - then click and select "About" in the bottom of the list off options on the right side (in the about microsoft office word selection) -- this will show the license status (who it is licensed to and the Product ID - And IIRC will show if it is a trial version)

If it is a trial version you will eventually need to buy a license if you wish to continue using it. (Once you reach the number off times it limits you to opening it) --- If this is the case and you do no want to purchase Office there is a Free alternative -- OPEN OFFICE which can open and save to the office format and can do pretty much anything Office can do but is free that you can download and install and use instead !
m
l
January 11, 2013 8:16:03 PM

can you help with this?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 12, 2013 3:20:46 AM

cyndireed said:
can you help with this?

Look up ^^^^^^^

Also, sorry for no response....I work a full time job and it was one of those days at work today!

I have to agree with JDFan, if you are running a trial of Office it usually only allows 21 instances (or uses) or 3 months, whichever happens first.

@JDFan: OpenOffice is now Libre Office (they have a great following now :) )
m
l
January 12, 2013 4:13:31 PM

hedwar2011 said:
Look up ^^^^^^^

Also, sorry for no response....I work a full time job and it was one of those days at work today!

I have to agree with JDFan, if you are running a trial of Office it usually only allows 21 instances (or uses) or 3 months, whichever happens first.

@JDFan: OpenOffice is now Libre Office (they have a great following now :) )

Hello
no problem you have helped me more than I can ever say. You are an angell really. I understand about a full time job you are lucky to have one. I have been out of work now for 6 months. I took your advice and downloaded the open office and changed all my resumes and deleted the old ms word. I am glad you could help me I was going alittle crazy and trying to send my resumes out and that program was causing alot of problems. Glad you could help me and I have learned alot from you. have a great day and pat yourself on the back you really helped me. thanks again Cyndi
m
l
!