Sign in with
Your question

Boot issues/black screen

Last response: in Windows 7
January 11, 2013 12:09:50 AM

so when i turn the computer on it loads to a black screen/hold the power button to turn it off/when it re boots i get the computer has been shut off wrong and i reboot normal and everything is fine....... so then if i shut the computer down and turn it on boots to black sceen and i repeat hold power button turn computer off and then get the screen computer has been shut down wrong and i reboot normal and works fine...... ive tried to google and i have tried to use win7 cd to "repair" it says everything is fine....... i dont really wanna do a fresh install does so i came to you guys to hope for some other options
January 11, 2013 12:29:35 AM

That's really weird. I would suggest doing a chkdsk and running a full scan of your antivirus as well as Malwarebytes.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2013 12:37:46 AM

Hi :) 

Run a hard drive test in DOS...HIRENS CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
Related resources
January 11, 2013 12:41:04 AM

running chkdsk now and will run scans on it and see what i come up with
m
l
January 11, 2013 3:40:50 AM

i guess update: i tryed chkdsk and nothing, so i found where some one said display driver device manager and uninstall the display driver (graphics card)in safe mode/restarted the computer came up fine windows found the driver for it/did a restart came up fine/shut it down and turned it back on and came up fine/restarted it and it came up fine.... did one final shut down and turned back on and get black screen, hold power button when the options come up select reboot normal and it came up...... so i thought it might be the video card driver had bad install but idk complete lost right now any one have any other ideas?? im leaving it alone for now but will work more with it this weekend
m
l
!