  • Bug
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 27, 2005 3:54:45 AM

I've received a report of a crash involving the thermonuclear bomb used to
kill the cyberdaemon.

I haven't experienced it myself, but it involves planting the nuke and
using the phase device to escape at the last second. Even if this doesn't
involve either object, it's a bug that needs to be fixed.

Screenshot:

> #················
> #················
> #······· ······
> #······· ····
> #······· ··
> #·······
> #·······
> ########
> Pistola Armor : red armor [4/4] (100%) Phobos Arena
> Health: 106% Exp: 6/69% Weapon: pistol (2d4) [6/6]
> cautious A
>n unhandled exception occurred at 0x004283D3 :
>EAccessViolation : Access violation
> $004283D3 CREATEROUNDDIR, line 77 of dflevel.pas
> $33443338 line 88 of windows.pp
>An unhandled exception occurred at 0x004626CF :
>EAccessViolation : Access violation
> $004626CF GET_CALLER_ADDR, line 1200 of D:/lazarus/source/fpc-1.9/rtl/i386/i
>386.inc
> $0046CA54 DUMP_STACK, line 780 of D:/lazarus/source/fpc-1.9/rtl/inc/system.i
>nc
> $0006FF50
>

>D:\games\doomrl-win-097>

More about : doomrl thermonuclear bomb bug

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 5:40:03 AM

Raymond Martineau wrote:
> I've received a report of a crash involving the thermonuclear bomb used to
> kill the cyberdaemon.
>
> I haven't experienced it myself, but it involves planting the nuke and
> using the phase device to escape at the last second. Even if this doesn't
> involve either object, it's a bug that needs to be fixed.
>
> Screenshot:
>
>>#················
>>#················
>>#······· ······
>>#······· ····
>>#······· ··
>>#·······
>>#·······
>>########
>>Pistola Armor : red armor [4/4] (100%) Phobos Arena
>>Health: 106% Exp: 6/69% Weapon: pistol (2d4) [6/6]
>>cautious A
>>n unhandled exception occurred at 0x004283D3 :
>>EAccessViolation : Access violation
>> $004283D3 CREATEROUNDDIR, line 77 of dflevel.pas
>> $33443338 line 88 of windows.pp
>>An unhandled exception occurred at 0x004626CF :
>>EAccessViolation : Access violation
>> $004626CF GET_CALLER_ADDR, line 1200 of D:/lazarus/source/fpc-1.9/rtl/i386/i
>>386.inc
>> $0046CA54 DUMP_STACK, line 780 of D:/lazarus/source/fpc-1.9/rtl/inc/system.i
>>nc
>> $0006FF50

My God, it's actually possible to go out of bounds and shoot yourself in
the foot in Pascal, even with Mistress Compiler carefully inspecting
every line of code. Well, I suppose it had to be, unless whoever wrote
the compiler solved the halting problem. :)

April 27, 2005 3:21:07 PM

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:40:03 -0400, Twisted One <twisted0n3@gmail.invalid>
wrote:

>Raymond Martineau wrote:

>>>#················
>>>#················
>>>#······· ······
>>>#······· ····
>>>#······· ··
>>>#·······
>>>#·······
>>>########
>>>Pistola Armor : red armor [4/4] (100%) Phobos Arena
>>>Health: 106% Exp: 6/69% Weapon: pistol (2d4) [6/6]
>>>cautious A
>>>n unhandled exception occurred at 0x004283D3 :
>>>EAccessViolation : Access violation
>>> $004283D3 CREATEROUNDDIR, line 77 of dflevel.pas
>>> $33443338 line 88 of windows.pp
>>>An unhandled exception occurred at 0x004626CF :
>>>EAccessViolation : Access violation
>>> $004626CF GET_CALLER_ADDR, line 1200 of D:/lazarus/source/fpc-1.9/rtl/i386/i
>>>386.inc
>>> $0046CA54 DUMP_STACK, line 780 of D:/lazarus/source/fpc-1.9/rtl/inc/system.i
>>>nc
>>> $0006FF50
>
>My God, it's actually possible to go out of bounds and shoot yourself in
>the foot in Pascal, even with Mistress Compiler carefully inspecting
>every line of code. Well, I suppose it had to be, unless whoever wrote
>the compiler solved the halting problem. :)

It's probably an out-of-bounds exception - you use a variable to access an
element in an array, and that variable gets assigned a value of 10 which is
above the maximum of 6.

This sort of stuff doesn't get detected until run-time.
April 27, 2005 8:02:37 PM

Raymond Martineau wrote:
> It's probably an out-of-bounds exception - you use a variable to access an
> element in an array, and that variable gets assigned a value of 10 which is
> above the maximum of 6.
>
> This sort of stuff doesn't get detected until run-time.

Hrm.
Still got nothing on C, and C has nothing on things like Lisp and
Smalltalk. Those implement their own compilers and the like internally,
and parts of the message-passing systems. That makes some real
spectacular foot bullets possible, if basic stuff like cdr or
CompiledMethod get changed, hosing the whole system in many varied ways.

April 28, 2005 2:58:15 AM

Raymond Martineau wrote:
> I haven't experienced it myself, but it involves planting the nuke and
> using the phase device to escape at the last second.

Interesting. But useless. Anyone who survived a Thermonuclear blast in
DoomRL will tell you that it affects the whole level.

> Even if this
> doesn't involve either object, it's a bug that needs to be fixed.

True. I'll take a look.
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]

Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
> Raymond Martineau wrote:
>
>>I haven't experienced it myself, but it involves planting the nuke and
>>using the phase device to escape at the last second.
>
> Interesting. But useless. Anyone who survived a Thermonuclear blast in
> DoomRL will tell you that it affects the whole level.

So is there an invulnerability globe in the final level? And what
happens if you type iddqd before the bomb goes off? IIRC you get ~5
turns of invulnerability before the anti-cheat-protection kicks in.

Lars
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 5:44:25 AM

Lars Kecke wrote:
> Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
>
>> Raymond Martineau wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't experienced it myself, but it involves planting the nuke and
>>> using the phase device to escape at the last second.
>>

>> Interesting. But useless. Anyone who survived a Thermonuclear blast in
>> DoomRL will tell you that it affects the whole level.
>

> So is there an invulnerability globe in the final level? And what
> happens if you type iddqd before the bomb goes off? IIRC you get ~5
> turns of invulnerability before the anti-cheat-protection kicks in.

iddqd doesn't work on the last level. Nor doesn't it work at all, in the
recent versions. BTW I got the first special ending report yesterday ;-)
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"Shadows universe is non-heroic, unfair, cruel and designed to
start playing on your nerves and sanity." -- Anubis
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 4:17:12 PM

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:58:15 +0200, "Kornel Kisielewicz"
<kisielewicz@gazeta.pl> wrote:

>Raymond Martineau wrote:
>> I haven't experienced it myself, but it involves planting the nuke and
>> using the phase device to escape at the last second.
>
>Interesting. But useless. Anyone who survived a Thermonuclear blast in
>DoomRL will tell you that it affects the whole level.

The player was thinking on using the Phase device at the last second so
that he wouldn't technically be present while the bomb was detonating. Of
course, the correct procedure was to become invulnerable.

>> Even if this
>> doesn't involve either object, it's a bug that needs to be fixed.
>
>True. I'll take a look.

Found another bug - there's a maximum number of monsters allowed on a
level. There's two known monster generatiors in the game: the lever and
the secret ending. This bug is known to occurr with the second option.

:An unhandled exception occurred at 0x00417F51
:ERangeError : Range check error
: $00417F51 TROOM__ADDBEING, line 663 of doomroom.pas·
: $5F4D4F4F line 88 of windows.pp
:An unhandled exception occurred at 0x004626CF :
:EAccessViolation : Access violation
: $004626CF GET_CALLER_ADDR, line 1200 of D:/lazarus/source/fpc-1.9/rtl/i386/i386.inc
: $0046CA54 DUMP_STACK, line 780 of D:/lazarus/source/fpc-1.9/rtl/inc/system.inc
: $0006FF50
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 3:19:33 AM

Raymond Martineau wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:58:15 +0200, "Kornel Kisielewicz"
> <kisielewicz@gazeta.pl> wrote:
>

>>Raymond Martineau wrote:
>>
>>>I haven't experienced it myself, but it involves planting the nuke and
>>>using the phase device to escape at the last second.
>>
>>Interesting. But useless. Anyone who survived a Thermonuclear blast in
>>DoomRL will tell you that it affects the whole level.
>

> The player was thinking on using the Phase device at the last second so
> that he wouldn't technically be present while the bomb was detonating. Of
> course, the correct procedure was to become invulnerable.

True ;-).

> Found another bug - there's a maximum number of monsters allowed on a
> level. There's two known monster generatiors in the game: the lever and
> the secret ending. This bug is known to occurr with the second option.

Kheh I never thought anyone would survive so long. Ok, but this issue
unfortunately will have to wait till 0.9.9. Say, you weren't cheating,
were'nt you? ;-)
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"Invalid thought detected. Close all mental processes and
restart body."
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 4:52:01 PM

Quoting Raymond Martineau <bk039@ncf.ca>:
>level. There's two known monster generatiors in the game: the lever and
>the secret ending. This bug is known to occurr with the second option.

I know what the secret ending is now, but the Cyberdemon was a much better
boss than that thing...
--
David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> flcl?
Today is Aponoia, May.

David Damerell wrote:
> Quoting Raymond Martineau <bk039@ncf.ca>:
>
>>level. There's two known monster generatiors in the game: the lever and
>>the secret ending. This bug is known to occurr with the second option.
>

> I know what the secret ending is now, but the Cyberdemon was a much better
> boss than that thing...

It's a joke after all. Like the boss in DoomII ;-)
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"Oh come on. We both know the truth about this game --
vapourware." -- Anathiel about GenRogue
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 3:45:43 AM

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:19:33 +0200, Kornel Kisielewicz
<kisielewicz@gazeta.pl> wrote:

>Raymond Martineau wrote:

>> Found another bug - there's a maximum number of monsters allowed on a
>> level. There's two known monster generatiors in the game: the lever and
>> the secret ending. This bug is known to occurr with the second option.
>
>Kheh I never thought anyone would survive so long. Ok, but this issue
>unfortunately will have to wait till 0.9.9.

Actually, the monsters were appearing in very rapid succession. I tried to
use the BFG to clear them out, but those kinds tend to survive at least one
direct BFG hit.

The only time I didn't have trouble completing the map occurred when no
monsters were being placed - completely strange.

>Say, you weren't cheating, were'nt you? ;-)

;)
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 4:05:57 AM

"Kornel Kisielewicz" <kisielewicz@gazeta.pl> wrote in message
news:D 4telk$326$3@inews.gazeta.pl...
> David Damerell wrote:
>> Quoting Raymond Martineau <bk039@ncf.ca>:
>>
>>>level. There's two known monster generatiors in the game: the lever and
>>>the secret ending. This bug is known to occurr with the second option.
>>

>> I know what the secret ending is now, but the Cyberdemon was a much
>> better
>> boss than that thing...
>
> It's a joke after all. Like the boss in DoomII ;-)

Hey, the boss in DoomII was damn cool. It's only a joke if you actually
*see* it, which you can't do without cheating...can you get to the secret
ending in DRL *only* by cheating?

--
Glen
L:p yt E+++ T-- R+ P+++ D+ G+ F:*band !RL RLA-

Glen Wheeler wrote:
> Hey, the boss in DoomII was damn cool. It's only a joke if you actually
> *see* it, which you can't do without cheating...can you get to the secret
> ending in DRL *only* by cheating?

No ;-). It just takes a *lot* of luck.
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"If hackers will ever use virtual reality, it would show a bunch
of text terminals floating around them..." -- The Sheep
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 4:05:58 AM

"Glen Wheeler" <gew75@uow.edu.au> wrote:
> Hey, the boss in DoomII was damn cool.

No, MAP30 Icon Of Sin was a tiresome "trick key" exercise, just like
MAP20's Cyberdemon-and-Mastermind room was (and like E4M2's cyberdemon
and Quake's "House of Chthon" and "Shub-Niggurath's Lair" would
subsequently turn out to be).
My roguelike games page (including my BSD-licenced roguelike) can be found at:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~mpread/roguelikes.ht...
Everyone expected the Bavarian Inquisition.
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 4:05:59 AM

On 29 Apr 2005 15:32:44 +0100 (BST), Martin Read
<mpread@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

>"Glen Wheeler" <gew75@uow.edu.au> wrote:
>> Hey, the boss in DoomII was damn cool.
>
>No, MAP30 Icon Of Sin was a tiresome "trick key" exercise, just like
>MAP20's Cyberdemon-and-Mastermind room was (and like E4M2's cyberdemon
>and Quake's "House of Chthon" and "Shub-Niggurath's Lair" would
>subsequently turn out to be).

Of the ones you listed, the ones in the Doom series were the better
puzzles. MAP20 is acceptable, since most players should have already seen
that monsters fight each-other. (Either that, or take cover behind the
Cyberdemon.)

E4M2's Cyberdemon isn't necessairy to fight - you can run past it. You
only need to telefrag it if you want the BFG or the exit to the secret
level.

MAP30 required the player to perform a puzzle in a combat situation - which
makes it a challenge. It does feel slightly unrealistic, but that doesn't
prevent it from being fun.

Quake's puzzles, on the other hand, were substandard. "Poof, Lava guardian
insta-killed by something he puts next to his lava-pit." "Poof,
Shubby-Chan insta-killed by something she puts in her own lair."
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 4:33:33 AM

"Kornel Kisielewicz" <kisielewicz@gazeta.pl> wrote in message
news:D 4tfft$79c$1@inews.gazeta.pl...
> Glen Wheeler wrote:
>> Hey, the boss in DoomII was damn cool. It's only a joke if you
>> actually *see* it, which you can't do without cheating...can you get to
>> the secret ending in DRL *only* by cheating?
>
> No ;-). It just takes a *lot* of luck.

Hm. Do you mean ``No'' as in ``No, I disagree with you, I think you can
see the joke in the DoomII boss without cheating'' or ``No, you don't need
to cheat to get to the secret ending in DRL''??

Because if it's the latter, that's kinda my point. The joke was there in
DII, but it didn't go anywhere near the ``real'' experience, it was very
much an implementation issue and less of a plot or gameplay element.

Not that I know anything at all about your secret ending :p .

--
Glen
L:p yt E+++ T-- R+ P+++ D+ G+ F:*band !RL RLA-

Glen Wheeler wrote:
> "Kornel Kisielewicz" <kisielewicz@gazeta.pl> wrote in message
> news:D 4tfft$79c$1@inews.gazeta.pl...
>
>>Glen Wheeler wrote:
>>
>>> Hey, the boss in DoomII was damn cool. It's only a joke if you
>>>actually *see* it, which you can't do without cheating...can you get to
>>>the secret ending in DRL *only* by cheating?
>>
>>No ;-). It just takes a *lot* of luck.
>
> Hm. Do you mean ``No'' as in ``No, I disagree with you, I think you can
> see the joke in the DoomII boss without cheating'' or ``No, you don't need
> to cheat to get to the secret ending in DRL''??

The latter.

> Because if it's the latter, that's kinda my point. The joke was there in
> DII, but it didn't go anywhere near the ``real'' experience, it was very
> much an implementation issue and less of a plot or gameplay element.

Well, let's not here, that DoomRL in itself is a kinda joke, so such a
hidden easter egg is not out of place...

> Not that I know anything at all about your secret ending :p .

Neither do I ;-D
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"Come on, Kornel. 11 years and no binary? And it's not
vapourware?" -- Mike Blackney
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 4:50:36 AM

"Martin Read" <mpread@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in message
> "Glen Wheeler" <gew75@uow.edu.au> wrote:
>> Hey, the boss in DoomII was damn cool.
>
> No, MAP30 Icon Of Sin was a tiresome "trick key" exercise, just like
> MAP20's Cyberdemon-and-Mastermind room was (and like E4M2's cyberdemon
> and Quake's "House of Chthon" and "Shub-Niggurath's Lair" would
> subsequently turn out to be).

Bah. It was, at least the first time I did it, frenetic and exciting.
Fine, ID lack vision when it comes to endgame bosses (although D3 has some
nice sub-bosses, the grand finale is just a bit too easy, even on nightmare)
but I think D2 at least managed the adrenaline.

--
Glen
L:p yt E+++ T-- R+ P+++ D+ G+ F:*band !RL RLA-

"Glen Wheeler" <gew75@uow.edu.au> wrote:

>"Martin Read" <mpread@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in message
>> "Glen Wheeler" <gew75@uow.edu.au> wrote:
>>> Hey, the boss in DoomII was damn cool.
>>
>> No, MAP30 Icon Of Sin was a tiresome "trick key" exercise, just like
>> MAP20's Cyberdemon-and-Mastermind room was (and like E4M2's cyberdemon
>> and Quake's "House of Chthon" and "Shub-Niggurath's Lair" would
>> subsequently turn out to be).
>
> Bah. It was, at least the first time I did it, frenetic and exciting.

I like fighting big mobs of monsters. I like the odd bit of sniper work
(I enjoyed the "get into the German compound without raising the alarm"
bit of Return To Castle Wolfenstein, for instance). However, doing
sniper work while a big mob of monsters is throwing balls of flaming
green snot at me is not even remotely enjoyable.
My roguelike games page (including my BSD-licenced roguelike) can be found at:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~mpread/roguelikes.ht...
Everyone expected the Bavarian Inquisition.
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 4:40:50 AM

Raymond Martineau wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:19:33 +0200, Kornel Kisielewicz
> <kisielewicz@gazeta.pl> wrote:
>

>>Raymond Martineau wrote:
>

>>>Found another bug - there's a maximum number of monsters allowed on a
>>>level. There's two known monster generatiors in the game: the lever and
>>>the secret ending. This bug is known to occurr with the second option.
>>
>>Kheh I never thought anyone would survive so long. Ok, but this issue
>>unfortunately will have to wait till 0.9.9.
>

> Actually, the monsters were appearing in very rapid succession. I tried to
> use the BFG to clear them out, but those kinds tend to survive at least one
> direct BFG hit.

You would be dead in a few turns, would you ;-).

> The only time I didn't have trouble completing the map occurred when no
> monsters were being placed - completely strange.

? Wierd...

>>Say, you weren't cheating, were'nt you? ;-)
>
> ;)

Well, nobody cries that he found a bug if they get stuck in a wall in
Doom after typing idspispopd... ;-).
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"It's much easier to make an army of dumb good people than to
make one single smart good guy..." -- DarkGod
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 4:54:47 AM

On Sun, 01 May 2005 00:40:50 +0200, Kornel Kisielewicz
<kisielewicz@gazeta.pl> wrote:

>Raymond Martineau wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:19:33 +0200, Kornel Kisielewicz
>> <kisielewicz@gazeta.pl> wrote:

>>>Kheh I never thought anyone would survive so long. Ok, but this issue
>>>unfortunately will have to wait till 0.9.9.
>>

>> Actually, the monsters were appearing in very rapid succession. I tried to
>> use the BFG to clear them out, but those kinds tend to survive at least one
>> direct BFG hit.
>
>You would be dead in a few turns, would you ;-).

Not really - the monsters didn't attack often enough to be any serious
threat. My tactic was to engage at maximum range, thus preventing the
opponents from making their attack. Basically, the monsters were
generally spread far apart and far enough away to prevent incoming attacks
from even being launched. (And if they were, they wouldn't be enough to
kill the character normally.)

I know that there was a screen-capture utility for Dos that allowed
recordings to help show these bugs... There's plenty of ones that produce
AVI files, but those tend to be extremely large compared to what's really
necessairy.

The large quantity of monsters could also make completing that ending next
to impossible anyway. But that's not a problem at all. :)

>>>Say, you weren't cheating, were'nt you? ;-)
>>
>> ;)
>
>Well, nobody cries that he found a bug if they get stuck in a wall in
>Doom after typing idspispopd... ;-).

No, they'd complain about a Vis-plane overflow after typing that. :)
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 5:45:26 PM

Raymond Martineau wrote:
>>You would be dead in a few turns, would you ;-).
>
> Not really - the monsters didn't attack often enough to be any serious
> threat. My tactic was to engage at maximum range, thus preventing the
> opponents from making their attack. Basically, the monsters were
> generally spread far apart and far enough away to prevent incoming attacks
> from even being launched. (And if they were, they wouldn't be enough to
> kill the character normally.)

But if they'd be constantly produced, you would have no chance to get
closer to JC...

> I know that there was a screen-capture utility for Dos that allowed
> recordings to help show these bugs... There's plenty of ones that produce
> AVI files, but those tend to be extremely large compared to what's really
> necessairy.

Valkyrie has an embedded ASCII-animation recorder and player, but I
didn't activate that option in DoomRL, yet ;-).

>>Well, nobody cries that he found a bug if they get stuck in a wall in
>>Doom after typing idspispopd... ;-).
>
> No, they'd complain about a Vis-plane overflow after typing that. :)

LOL ;-)
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"It's much easier to make an army of dumb good people than to
make one single smart good guy..." -- DarkGod
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 5:45:27 PM

Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
> But if they'd be constantly produced, you would have no chance to get
> closer to JC...

It's John *Carmack*?!
Not Romero?

May 1, 2005 6:12:48 PM

Twisted One wrote:
> Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
>
>> But if they'd be constantly produced, you would have no chance to get
>> closer to JC...
>
> It's John *Carmack*?!
> Not Romero?

Urghhh! I spoiled you :-). Well -- JR made a almost independent software
company (which strives for survival), while JC went into the big
buissness. Who seems to be the greater evil? :-D
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"Oh come on. We both know the truth about this game --
vapourware." -- Anathiel about GenRogue
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 8:25:54 PM

Kornel Kisielewicz (kisielewicz@gazeta.pl) wrote:
> Twisted One wrote:

> > It's John *Carmack*?!
> > Not Romero?
>
> Urghhh! I spoiled you :-). Well -- JR made a almost independent software
> company (which strives for survival), while JC went into the big
> buissness. Who seems to be the greater evil? :-D

Which one was responsible for Daikatana?

--
JTJ | http://www.kolumbus.fi/j.julkunen/
"As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the

Juho Julkunen wrote:
> Kornel Kisielewicz (kisielewicz@gazeta.pl) wrote:
>
>>Twisted One wrote:
>

>>>It's John *Carmack*?!
>>>Not Romero?
>>
>>Urghhh! I spoiled you :-). Well -- JR made a almost independent software
>>company (which strives for survival), while JC went into the big
>>buissness. Who seems to be the greater evil? :-D
>
> Which one was responsible for Daikatana?

Romero.

--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"Due to Pascal's original purpose as a teaching language it forces one
to learn good habits - and those good habits stay with you, even when
you later migrate to a much more forgiving language." - Sherm Pendley
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 12:57:14 AM

Kornel Kisielewicz (kisielewicz@gazeta.pl) wrote:
> Juho Julkunen wrote:
> > Kornel Kisielewicz (kisielewicz@gazeta.pl) wrote:

> >>Urghhh! I spoiled you :-). Well -- JR made a almost independent software
> >>company (which strives for survival), while JC went into the big
> >>buissness. Who seems to be the greater evil? :-D
> >
> > Which one was responsible for Daikatana?
>
> Romero.

That was one of them rhetorical questions.

--
JTJ | http://www.kolumbus.fi/j.julkunen/
RESOLUTE, adj. Obstinate in a course that we approve.

Juho Julkunen wrote:
> Kornel Kisielewicz (kisielewicz@gazeta.pl) wrote:
>
>>Juho Julkunen wrote:

>>>Which one was responsible for Daikatana?
>>
>>Romero.
>

> That was one of them rhetorical questions.

Oh sorry ;-).
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"11 years and no binary. And it's not vapourware" -- Igor Savin