[Crawl] Monster coming upstairs - from the temple!

The stair above the (common) orc is the entrance to the ET:

___________start screenshot
SultanKhan the Basher
######## ####### Demonspawn
#......# #.....# HP: 52/52
#......###.....# Magic: 6/6
#..>...........#### AC: 15 (6)
##.o............... EV: 8
#%.........####### Str: 19
#..........# Int: 8
#@..!......#### Dex: 16
####............># Gold: 85
+..<..........#### Experience: 7/1278 (201)
############### Level 7 of the Dungeon
a) +1,+3 orc hammer

An orc comes up the stairs.

___________end screenshot

I'd just left the ET and it's more than unlikely that the orc did follow
me downstairs before, in which case he would not only have to be
invisible, but also next to my char *and* never hitting. So since the
orc also can't be generated in the ET, the only sensible conclusion left
is that the code doesn't check for monsters coming upstairs whether they
actually existed one level below or not. Looks like a (small) bug to me.

Rubinstein

Rubinstein wrote:
> The stair above the (common) orc is the entrance to the ET:
> An orc comes up the stairs.

Foul chauvinist! You would be so prejudiced as to deny the orcs of the
dungeon of Zot equal access to religion?

Signed,

Zot Association for the Advancement of Orcs

Erik Piper wrote:

> Rubinstein wrote:
>> The stair above the (common) orc is the entrance to the ET:
>> An orc comes up the stairs.
>
> Foul chauvinist! You would be so prejudiced as to deny the orcs of the
> dungeon of Zot equal access to religion?
>
> Signed,
>
> Zot Association for the Advancement of Orcs

That's getting scary now! While reading your post, I'm watching a
sequence of "Star Trek: The next century". It's about Professor Moriarty
(known from the Sherlock Holmes books) who, as a virtuel holodeck person
has found a way into reality. Seems the orcs in my crawl copy are about
to find a similar way and this just was a first successful attempt of
recoding...

But what comes next? Orcs ascending out of the dungeon, suddenly sitting
next to mine, dictating what TV-program I have to watch?

Rubinstein