Sign in with
Your question

Windows corrupt

Last response: in Windows 7
January 11, 2013 1:38:08 AM

Hello,
Im running a Toshiba satellite p755

aka this
http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/P750/...

With windows seven. Recently I did a system restore to a fixed point, and ever since then Ive been getting corrupted drive messages, and chkdsk doesnt finish. The problem is getting progressively worse as time goes on. Pieces of programs, I.E. I cant load parts of some games, have stopped working more and more. Is there any way to remedy this problem without a full on system restore? I dont have the nescessary disks nor the money to take it in to a technician :( 

Error message I just got...
Corrupt disk--PMB.exe
The file system on PMB.exe is corrupt and usable. Please run the Chskdsk Program on volume C:

I would like to add that my problem seems to have progressed considerably. I can no longer download any files, however check disk did work. I recieved a multitude of $I30 errors, and countless 'orphaned files.' Check Disk finishes, but the problem persists, and check disk just repeats roughly the same errors. Also, anything I run now says it's on a corrupted disk :( 

More about : windows corrupt

January 11, 2013 3:29:09 AM

Woah, thanks, I removed that right away!
m
l
Related resources
January 11, 2013 4:56:17 AM

Every application I run now is saying the disk is corrupt. :( 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2013 5:21:58 AM

You must run chkdsk to fix this problem. If this was my computer I would run chkdsk from the system recovery console from the Windows installation disk. Being a laptop there is a possibility that the disk itself is faulty, download and run from the manufacturer of your hard disk web site, their hard disk diagnostic software.
m
l
January 12, 2013 7:44:26 AM

Problem has been updated :( 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 12, 2013 4:09:58 PM

what is the problem you having now ?
m
l
January 13, 2013 5:56:24 PM

scout_03 said:
what is the problem you having now ?

I would like to add that my problem seems to have progressed considerably. I can no longer download any files, however check disk did work. I recieved a multitude of $I30 errors, and countless 'orphaned files.' Check Disk finishes, but the problem persists, and check disk just repeats roughly the same errors. Also, anything I run now says it's on a corrupted disk
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 2:29:09 AM

this look like you gone need a full format and windows reinstall . you could have a virus see if a full scan without network connected will help ,also i know that avast could make a scan on strart up before loading the os i would give it a try .
m
l
!