[DoomRL] Lotsa Bugs

- You can close the door on yourself, and enemies, effectively putting
you in a wall. Though you can walk out of it, you can't hit a enemy in
a door with any non-explosive weapon, and i'd guess the same would be
true for you.

- Multiple death messages show, even after 0 HP is reached. This
happens when enemies can fire more then one shot, and kill you on a
early shot. Lets say a former human commander shoots his plasma rifle
at you, and kills you on the fourth shot. There would be *5* more death
messages, since you "die" on the fourth shot, and every shot after
that.

- Target range limited to your "normal" view distance; if you get cat's
eye once or twice, you can't target onto the extra one/two tiles you
get from it.

- Switches still appear in walls. :)

- Aim is STILL screwed up. You can shotgun enemies that are around
corners; the green aimer line turns red even when you *can* shoot them;
you can't shoot on a corner like:
@/.
..#X
Because the target line goes right into the wall... even though the
line is green.

- Eagle eye does *NOT* give the +4 to hit it says it does; it gives a
+3.

- Enemies can fire at you, even before you know they're at that
location. Ex: Low on health. You walk up to a door, and hear enemy
sounds close by. You open the door; Nothing in sight. You step to the
tile where the door is, and *BLAM* you're dead. Even before you get to
see your character "@" step onto the open doorway "/". I know, it may
seem somewhat realistic, but it's a pain in the arse not knowing - or
even seeing - what the hell shot and/or killed you, until the mortem
file rolls up onto the screen.

Hey, lucky 7! Maybe these will be the only bugs in this version...
6 answers Last reply
More about doomrl lotsa bugs
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Whah! You want to scare people away from DoomRL with such a topic? :-)

    Mechanoid wrote:
    > - You can close the door on yourself, and enemies, effectively putting
    > you in a wall. Though you can walk out of it, you can't hit a enemy in
    > a door with any non-explosive weapon, and i'd guess the same would be
    > true for you.

    Duh! This must be there from the beginning! Funny nobody noticed it
    before :-D (maybe just realy few people close doors at all).

    Easy to fix, will be ok in the next release.

    > - Multiple death messages show, even after 0 HP is reached. This
    > happens when enemies can fire more then one shot, and kill you on a
    > early shot. Lets say a former human commander shoots his plasma rifle
    > at you, and kills you on the fourth shot. There would be *5* more death
    > messages, since you "die" on the fourth shot, and every shot after
    > that.

    Aaah, yeah I know. Each release I'm too lazy to fix that...

    > - Target range limited to your "normal" view distance; if you get cat's
    > eye once or twice, you can't target onto the extra one/two tiles you
    > get from it.

    Another one. I'll fix that for 0.9.9.

    > - Switches still appear in walls. :)

    And another one ;-). I'll fix that for 0.9.9.

    ?

    > the green aimer line turns red even when you *can* shoot them;
    > you can't shoot on a corner like:
    > @/.
    > .#X
    > Because the target line goes right into the wall... even though the
    > line is green.

    Oh yes. I didn't touch the targeting code for a long time.

    > - Eagle eye does *NOT* give the +4 to hit it says it does; it gives a
    > +3.

    True :-). That was left delibarately, so people would give it a shot. I
    did that, becasue it turned out that eagle eye gave no bonus at all before!

    > - Enemies can fire at you, even before you know they're at that
    > location. Ex: Low on health. You walk up to a door, and hear enemy
    > sounds close by. You open the door; Nothing in sight. You step to the
    > tile where the door is, and *BLAM* you're dead. Even before you get to
    > see your character "@" step onto the open doorway "/". I know, it may
    > seem somewhat realistic, but it's a pain in the arse not knowing - or
    > even seeing - what the hell shot and/or killed you, until the mortem
    > file rolls up onto the screen.

    I don't think this should be called a bug ;-). Actually I think that's
    kinda cute ^_^

    > Hey, lucky 7! Maybe these will be the only bugs in this version...

    Phew! No crash bugs this time :-)
    --
    At your service,
    Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]

    Another one, I think:

    Version 0.9.8 for Windows seems to set MIDI volume to maximum every
    time a new level loads. This is pretty annoying, since optimum volume
    is around half for me, and I've got to turn it down each time a new
    level loads. Not really a bug, just an annoying feature. :P
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Mertek wrote:
    > Another one, I think:
    >
    > Version 0.9.8 for Windows seems to set MIDI volume to maximum every
    > time a new level loads. This is pretty annoying, since optimum volume
    > is around half for me, and I've got to turn it down each time a new
    > level loads. Not really a bug, just an annoying feature. :P

    MIDI volume will be ini-file configurable in the next version.
    --
    At your service,
    Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
    "Come on, Kornel. 11 years and no binary? And it's not
    vapourware?" -- Mike Blackney
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
    > Mertek wrote:
    >
    >> Another one, I think:
    >>
    >> Version 0.9.8 for Windows seems to set MIDI volume to maximum every
    >> time a new level loads. This is pretty annoying, since optimum volume
    >> is around half for me, and I've got to turn it down each time a new
    >> level loads. Not really a bug, just an annoying feature. :P

    No that qualifies as a bug in my book! :)

    > MIDI volume will be ini-file configurable in the next version.

    Can we get a "x of y known bugs fixed" message in the release
    text of the next version KK? ;P

    --
    ABCGi ---- (abcgi@yahoo.com) ---- http://codemonkey.sunsite.dk
    Fun RLs in rgrd that I have tested recently!

    ABCGi wrote:
    >> MIDI volume will be ini-file configurable in the next version.
    >
    > Can we get a "x of y known bugs fixed" message in the release
    > text of the next version KK? ;P

    There isn't an official list of known bugs yet. :-/

    --
    At your service,
    Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
    "The name of GenRogue, has become a warning against excessively
    complex design." -- RGRD FAQ
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
    > ABCGi wrote:
    >
    >>> MIDI volume will be ini-file configurable in the next version.
    >>
    >> Can we get a "x of y known bugs fixed" message in the release
    >> text of the next version KK? ;P
    >
    > There isn't an official list of known bugs yet. :-/

    How 'bout - a list of bugs I haven't fixed yet in the
    release.txt ? Save ppl finding bugs twice...

    --
    ABCGi ---- (abcgi@yahoo.com) ---- http://codemonkey.sunsite.dk
    Fun RLs in rgrd that I have tested recently!
    DoomRL - DwellerMobile - HWorld - AburaTan - DiabloBand
    Heroic Adventure - Tower of Doom - Tendrils - TheTombs

Hewlett Packard Video Games