[crawl] Problems with latest patch

I recently installed the latest patch from Darshan (+imps, etc.). Savefiles
no longer seem to work properly. In my crawl folder there is a list of
files for foo.sa, foo.kil, foo.st, foo.tc, plus the various level files
(foo.01a, etc. ). When I try to reload a saved game, Crawl just crashes to
the desktop. There is some brief error message, but it scrolls to quickly
for me to catch it. I tried changing the name of foo.sa to foo.sav, as per
the older save file nomenclature, but that didn't help.

Playing in XP with all the latest service packs and patches, fwiw.

All assistance appreciated.

Remsleep

"Remsleep" <reply@this_newsgroup.ok> writes:

> I recently installed the latest patch from Darshan (+imps, etc.).
> Savefiles no longer seem to work properly. In my crawl folder there
> is a list of files for foo.sa, foo.kil, foo.st, foo.tc, plus the
> various level files (foo.01a, etc. ). When I try to reload a saved
> game, Crawl just crashes to the desktop.

Hmm, I don't see this behaviour with the same binary on XP SP2. Are
you perchance using an existing save game? Does starting a new game
and saving save correctly?

> There is some brief error message, but it scrolls to quickly for me
> to catch it.

Try starting Crawl as

crawl 2>out.txt

and check out.txt afterwards. It might say something of use.

> I tried changing the name of foo.sa to foo.sav, as per the older
> save file nomenclature, but that didn't help.

If you could mail me the save files (zipped), I'll take a closer look
at the problem.

--
Darshan Shaligram <scintilla@gmail.com> Deus vult