Tracking a stolen laptop?

I'm trying to track my daughter and sons laptops that were stolen from our home today while we were gone. The perpetrator came in one of the back windows.
4 answers Last reply
More about tracking stolen laptop
  1. Not possible unless you had something like lojack installed.
    http://www.lojack.com/Laptops
  2. BRENR_1 said:
    I'm trying to track my daughter and sons laptops that were stolen from our home today while we were gone. The perpetrator came in one of the back windows.

I know. I'm not expecting to find them.
  3. BRENR_1 said:
    I know. I'm not expecting to find them.

I would suggest contacting your local police department and ask that they alert local pawn shops. If you registered the laptops, call the manufacturer (HP, Toshiba, Lenovo, etc.) and let them know that the computers were stolen and need to be flagged as such. I know when I used to work for DELL we had the ability to tag them.
  4. hedwar2011 said:
    I would suggest contacting your local police department and ask that they alert local pawn shops. If you registered the laptops, call the manufacturer (HP, Toshiba, Lenovo, etc.) and let them know that the computers were stolen and need to be flagged as such. I know when I used to work for DELL we had the ability to tag them.

Thanks,
    I appreciate your feedback and suggestions. I called the police the very night we realized we were robbed. As far as asking them to alert pawn shops, I figured they did that automatically, or they should. We didn't have the serial #'s either. I figured it's too late and they'll probably not be found. I had extended warranty on my daughters computer however, it didn't cover theft. Unfortunately, we did not have renters insurance at the present time.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Stolen Laptop Windows 7