[DoomRl] YASD - Or was it that stupid?

Second attempt at the new version and certainly the game feels much
harder. No bugs spotted apart from possibly this...

It appears barons etc. can now fire at you from beyond your sight
range!

This death during the wall involved me keeping my distance and using
the rocket launcher (obviously), but the actual killing rocket was
fired with no visible enemy on screen. Kinda hard to avoid em when you
can't see em! Pretty annoying though, but does add to the danger.
Doesn't seem to happen very often also as there was only a couple of
critters left in the wall when i bit the dust.

Richard

DoomRL (v.0.9.8 (WIN-S)) roguelike post-mortem character dump

Sgt Pain, level 5 soldier, killed by a hell knight
on level 11 of the Phobos base.
He survived 57504 turns and scored 18447 points.

He killed 304 out of 311 hellspawn. (98%)
He held his right to remain violent.

He stormed the Chained Court.
He found the Hell's Armory.

Extremely silly this when many of the enemies just run into the lava
and die! :)

He fought on Hell's Arena.
He faced The Wall.

-- Statistics ------------------------------------------------

Health -2/50 Experience 15287/5
ToHit +0 ToDmg Ranged +3 ToDmg Melee +3

-- Traits ----------------------------------------------------

Hellrunner (Level 1)
Son of a bitch (Level 3)
Reloader (Level 1)

-- Equipment -------------------------------------------------

[a] [ Armor ] blue armor [2/2] (50%)
[ Weapon ] rocket launcher (4d4) [1/1]
[c] [ Boots ] protective boots [4/4] (84%)

-- Inventory -------------------------------------------------

[a] blue armor [2/2] (100%)
double shotgun (6d3)x2 [2/2]
[c] chaingun (1d6)x5 [50/50]
[d] fastload combat shotgun (6d3) [5/5]
[e] 10mm ammo (x100)
[f] shotgun shell (x43)
[g] shotgun shell (x50)
[h] shotgun shell (x50)
shotgun shell (x50)
[j] rocket
[k] rocket (x10)
[l] rocket (x10)
[m] power cell (x50)
[n] power cell (x50)
[o] power cell (x50)
[p] power cell (x50)
[q] power cell (x50)

-- Kills -----------------------------------------------------

58 former humans
45 former human sergeants
34 former human captains
33 imps
36 demons
48 lost souls
7 cacodemons
3 barons of hell
10 hell knights

-- History ---------------------------------------------------

He started his journey on the suface of Phobos.
On level 2 he battled through a maze of rooms.
Afterwards he fought on Hell's Arena.
On level 3 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 4 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 5 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 6 he found a hellish city.
He then stormed the Chained Court.
On level 7 he battled through a maze of rooms.
He then found Hell's Armory.
On level 8 he found a hellish city.
On level 9 he found a hellish city.
On level 10 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 11 he found a hellish city.
Afterwards he witnessed the Wall.
There finally he was killed by a hell knight.

-- General ---------------------------------------------------

Before him 1 brave souls have ventured into Phobos:
1 of those was killed.

Dafty wrote:
> Second attempt at the new version and certainly the game feels much
> harder. No bugs spotted apart from possibly this...

It *is* harder.

> It appears barons etc. can now fire at you from beyond your sight
> range!

True. So can you after all ;-).

> This death during the wall involved me keeping my distance and using
> the rocket launcher (obviously), but the actual killing rocket was
> fired with no visible enemy on screen. Kinda hard to avoid em when you
> can't see em! Pretty annoying though, but does add to the danger.
> Doesn't seem to happen very often also as there was only a couple of
> critters left in the wall when i bit the dust.

This is realy a hard-to-solve issue. I think I'll post an article on
that when I start working on 0.9.9.

> He stormed the Chained Court.
> He found the Hell's Armory.
>
> Extremely silly this when many of the enemies just run into the lava
> and die! :)

Ahh, the poor AI!
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]

"Dafty" <richard.clements@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>Second attempt at the new version and certainly the game feels much
>harder. No bugs spotted apart from possibly this...
>
>It appears barons etc. can now fire at you from beyond your sight
>range!
>
>This death during the wall involved me keeping my distance and using
>the rocket launcher (obviously), but the actual killing rocket was
>fired with no visible enemy on screen. Kinda hard to avoid em when you
>can't see em! Pretty annoying though, but does add to the danger.
>Doesn't seem to happen very often also as there was only a couple of
>critters left in the wall when i bit the dust.

The same thing happened to me the one and only time I found The Wall.