[DoomRL]YASD

Dead again :/ But this time, it seems to me the longer sight range is the
best starting trait :) Also, I found a new love for the shootgun because it
doesn't seem to be affected at all by the current tactic and so I can stay
in coward mode and get hit far less often :)

DoomRL (v.0.9.8 (WIN-S)) roguelike post-mortem character dump

Stof, level 5 soldier, killed by a former human commander
on level 12 of the Phobos base.
He survived 44474 turns and scored 19002 points.

He killed 258 out of 271 hellspawn. (95%)
He held his right to remain violent.

He stormed the Chained Court.
He fought on Hell's Arena.
He faced The Wall.

-- Statistics ------------------------------------------------

Health -2/50 Experience 16053/5

Down from 44% to -2% in 1 round :/ Stupid commander. I knew it was a mistake
to try the berserk mode ... I fear what will happen when I face the first
Arachnotron and I hope I'll be able to find more rockets by then.

ToHit +0 ToDmg Ranged +0 ToDmg Melee +0

-- Traits ----------------------------------------------------

Hellrunner (Level 3)
Cateye (Level 2)

In that order : Cateye, Hellrunner, Cateye, Hellrunner, Hellrunner

I think I'll change the 2nd and 4rd Hellrunner for either more accuracy ( to
make a better use of the rocket launcher and plasma when I find them ) or
more armour. I think more accuracy is better because it couteracts the
flaws of the coward mode a lot :) Also, I think i'll take the 2 Cateye
levels as soon as possible.

-- Equipment -------------------------------------------------

[a] [ Armor ] blue armor [2/2] (59%)
[ Weapon ] chaingun (1d6)x5 [40/50]
[c] [ Boots ] protective boots [4/4] (84%)

-- Inventory -------------------------------------------------

[a] blue armor [2/2] (100%)
blue armor [2/2] (90%)
[c] advanced rocket launcher (4d5) [1/1]
[d] plasma rifle (1d8)x8 [40/40]
Very very low accuracy, even in berserk mode :/
[e] combat shotgun (6d3) [5/5]
[f] combat shotgun (6d3) [5/5]
[g] 10mm ammo (x58)
[h] 10mm ammo (x100)
shotgun shell (x50)
[j] shotgun shell (x50)
[k] shotgun shell (x50)
[l] rocket
[m] rocket (x10)
[n] power cell (x10)
[o] power cell (x50)
[p] large med-pack
[q] phase device
[r] thermonuclear bomb
large med-pack

-- Kills -----------------------------------------------------

52 former humans
33 former human sergeants
18 former human captains
41 imps
32 demons
26 lost souls
16 cacodemons
6 barons of hell
14 hell knights
1 former human commander

-- History ---------------------------------------------------

He started his journey on the suface of Phobos.
On level 2 he battled through a maze of rooms.
Afterwards he fought on Hell's Arena.
On level 3 he battled through a maze of rooms.
He then stormed the Chained Court.
On level 4 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 5 he found hellish caves.
On level 6 he found a hellish city.
On level 7 he found a hellish city.
On level 8 he battled through a maze of rooms.
Afterwards he witnessed the Wall.
I nearly got killed here because the game memorised a few to many key
presses. I had to use 2 phase devices and 1 large medic pack to get out of
the mess and was out of supplies after that
On level 9 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 10 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 11 he found hellish caves.
On level 12 he battled through a maze of rooms.
There finally he was killed by a former human commander.

-- General ---------------------------------------------------

Before him 45 brave souls have ventured into Phobos:
43 of those were killed.
And 2 couldn't handle the stress and commited a stupid suicide.

Christophe Cavalaria wrote:
> Dead again :/ But this time, it seems to me the longer sight range is the
> best starting trait :) Also, I found a new love for the shootgun because it
> doesn't seem to be affected at all by the current tactic and so I can stay
> in coward mode and get hit far less often :)
*SNIP*

Another tip, don't aim at the monster, aim the shotgun
behind the monster and they are more likely to be hit.

--
ABCGi ---- (abcgi@yahoo.com) ---- http://codemonkey.sunsite.dk
Fun RLs in rgrd that I have tested recently!

Christophe Cavalaria wrote:
> Dead again :/

You'll get it eventually ;-D

> But this time, it seems to me the longer sight range is the
> best starting trait :)

Maybe ;-). But mainly due to the buggy AI ;-/

> He killed 258 out of 271 hellspawn. (95%)
> He held his right to remain violent.

He he.

> Health -2/50 Experience 16053/5
>
> Down from 44% to -2% in 1 round :/ Stupid commander. I knew it was a mistake
> to try the berserk mode ... I fear what will happen when I face the first
> Arachnotron and I hope I'll be able to find more rockets by then.

Ouch ;->

> Hellrunner (Level 3)
> Cateye (Level 2)
>
> In that order : Cateye, Hellrunner, Cateye, Hellrunner, Hellrunner

Interesting :). I love to see that people use such a variety in
choosing traits :)

> [c] advanced rocket launcher (4d5) [1/1]
> [d] plasma rifle (1d8)x8 [40/40]
> Very very low accuracy, even in berserk mode :/

I don't know wether Berserk mode gives a +acc...

> Afterwards he witnessed the Wall.
> I nearly got killed here because the game memorised a few to many key
> presses. I had to use 2 phase devices and 1 large medic pack to get out of
> the mess and was out of supplies after that

Whoa! :-D

> Before him 45 brave souls have ventured into Phobos:
> 43 of those were killed.
> And 2 couldn't handle the stress and commited a stupid suicide.

I see you play the game much :-D
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]

ABCGi wrote:
> Another tip, don't aim at the monster, aim the shotgun
> behind the monster and they are more likely to be hit.

?? This shouldn't work!

--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"Oh come on. We both know the truth about this game --
vapourware." -- Anathiel about GenRogue

Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:

> Christophe Cavalaria wrote:
>> Dead again :/
>
> You'll get it eventually ;-D
>
>> But this time, it seems to me the longer sight range is the
>> best starting trait :)
>
> Maybe ;-). But mainly due to the buggy AI ;-/

It feels like the AI likes to stand on top of items it can't pickup like
levers :)

Btw, I think a "cool" tactic would be to hold on empty weapons and leave
them around for the "* of Hell" to pick up. Or better yet, give them full
pistols with plenty of ammo. A Baron of Hell sure doesn't feel too
dangerous when he fires a pistol at you :)

>> [c] advanced rocket launcher (4d5) [1/1]
>> [d] plasma rifle (1d8)x8 [40/40]
>> Very very low accuracy, even in berserk mode :/
>
> I don't know wether Berserk mode gives a +acc...

well, at least coward mode sure feels like it gives you a malus in accuracy
but I might be wrong :)

Christophe Cavalaria wrote:
>>Maybe ;-). But mainly due to the buggy AI ;-/
>
> It feels like the AI likes to stand on top of items it can't pickup like
> levers :)

True ;-). They're attracted to them :-D

> Btw, I think a "cool" tactic would be to hold on empty weapons and leave
> them around for the "* of Hell" to pick up. Or better yet, give them full
> pistols with plenty of ammo. A Baron of Hell sure doesn't feel too
> dangerous when he fires a pistol at you :)

LOL ;-)
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"It must be excellent code -- Mistress Compiler would not have
it any other way." -- Twisted One

Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
> ABCGi wrote:
>
>> Another tip, don't aim at the monster, aim the shotgun
>> behind the monster and they are more likely to be hit.
>
> ?? This shouldn't work!

Well its either that or it damages them more.
It may be an illusion but I find aiming the
shotgun through monsters far more effective...
perhaps its to do with the spread that gets
more of them when you aim further away???

No open source code so me no looky looky ;)
Debug/wizard mode?

--

Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
> Christophe Cavalaria wrote:
*SNIP*
>> Before him 45 brave souls have ventured into Phobos:
>> 43 of those were killed.
>> And 2 couldn't handle the stress and commited a stupid suicide.
>
> I see you play the game much :-D

This prompted another unrelated idea (sounds impossible no?)

IDEA: Record a player name and a character name.
Track the player stats (so user ABCGi lost 43/2 of 46
marines) in a separate high score table. The
standard high score list could show;

ABCGi/Tiger - died on lvl5 - 10000 pts

Whilst many RL players are solitary there are
those of us who have more than one RL* person
playing the game! Its something I'd like to see
in all RLs actually.

* Real Life

--

ABCGi wrote:
> Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
>
>> Christophe Cavalaria wrote:
>
> *SNIP*
>
>>> Before him 45 brave souls have ventured into Phobos:
>>> 43 of those were killed.
>>> And 2 couldn't handle the stress and commited a stupid suicide.
>>

>> I see you play the game much :-D
>

> This prompted another unrelated idea (sounds impossible no?)
>
> IDEA: Record a player name and a character name.
> Track the player stats (so user ABCGi lost 43/2 of 46
> marines) in a separate high score table. The
> standard high score list could show;
>
> ABCGi/Tiger - died on lvl5 - 10000 pts
>
> Whilst many RL players are solitary there are
> those of us who have more than one RL* person
> playing the game! Its something I'd like to see
> in all RLs actually.
>
> * Real Life

I'll think about it.

--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"Come on, Kornel. 11 years and no binary? And it's not
vapourware?" -- Mike Blackney

Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
> ABCGi wrote:
*SNIP*
>> IDEA: Record a player name and a character name.
>> Track the player stats (so user ABCGi lost 43/2 of 46
>> marines) in a separate high score table. The
>> standard high score list could show;
>>
>> ABCGi/Tiger - died on lvl5 - 10000 pts
>>
>> Whilst many RL players are solitary there are
>> those of us who have more than one RL* person
>> playing the game! Its something I'd like to see
>> in all RLs actually.
>>
>> * Real Life
>
> I'll think about it.

Actually, OTOH forget it - its more for heavy RL not
for an RL-lite like DoomRL ;)