Closed Solved

Lenovo y560 vs dell xps15

Which laptop to go for HD video editing?
Will cuda be helpful in video editing?

lenovo
Core™ i7-740M
4G DDR3 1066MHz
1GB Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 / 15.6 HD LED

or

Dell
Intel® Core™ i7-740QM
2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 435M
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM

or

Dell
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-480M processor
1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 420M
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about lenovo y560 dell xps15
  1. khuranarajat said:
    Will cuda be helpful in video editing?
    Yes, if your video editing program is CUDA enabled.
    Chose the Nvidia GPU for CUDA enabled video editing programs. Either one will be a great video editing laptop.

    For most everything else (like gaming) the Mobility HD 5730 and GT 435M are close enough in performance to make no difference.
  2. WR2 said:
    Yes, if your video editing program is CUDA enabled.
    Chose the Nvidia GPU for CUDA enabled video editing programs. Either one will be a great video editing laptop.

    For most everything else (like gaming) the Mobility HD 5730 and GT 435M are close enough in performance to make no difference.



    I will be using premiere and it is cuda enabled.
    Which has a better cooling system?
  3. Using Premiere Pro you'll definitely want the i7-740QM & GT 435M combo.

    XPS 15 L501x (not an identical model) Cooling was rated good.
    Video Review
  4. WR2 said:
    Using Premiere Pro you'll definitely want the i7-740QM & GT 435M combo.

    XPS 15 L501x (not an identical model) Cooling was rated good.
    Video Review



    How is i5 processor with nvidia?

    i7 is costing me around 66k in india and i5 around 54k.
  5. Best answer
    The i5-480 and & GT 420M will still make a pretty good combination. It won't be as fast as the quad and stronger video card. But it will finish any job you want to take on.

    I'd say it's a fair trade off to get in under your budget limit going with the the 5-480 and & GT 420M.
  6. WR2 said:
    The i5-480 and & GT 420M will still make a pretty good combination. It won't be as fast as the quad and stronger video card. But it will finish any job you want to take on.

    I'd say it's a fair trade off to get in under your budget limit going with the the 5-480 and & GT 420M.



    Should i wait for sandy bridge processors?
  7. Do you want to wait? You can if you want. The quad core Sandy Bridge systems are out now.
    The dual core Sandy Bridges should be out at the end of next month.
  8. Lenovo ideapad laptop with i7-2630QM ,AMD Radeon HD 6570M out now in india
    Should i take this one or wait for dell sandy bridge?
    i am confused ...
  9. Is that Lenovo Y560P with i7-2630QM / Radeon HD 6570M in your price range?
  10. WR2 said:
    Is that Lenovo Y560P with i7-2630QM / Radeon HD 6570M in your price range?



    ya,i have increased my price range or should i go with dell xps i7 which i have mentioned
  11. Best answer selected by khuranarajat.
  12. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

DDR3 Video Editing HD Laptops Product