[Crawl] Traps & Doors

Just some questions about the Traps & Doors skill:

1 - Is there a trap spoiler somewhere around? If so, the following
questions probably could be ignored.

2 - Does the skill only increase when unarming traps?
If this sounds too obvious: I also can imagine that the skill increases
just from triggering a trap from a certain skill value on...

3 - How high should the skill be to provide a fair chance (~70%+) of
detecting a Zot trap?

4 - Does EV and/or Dex affect the probability of detecting a trap?

Thanks in advance,
Rubinstein

Rubinstein wrote:
> Just some questions about the Traps & Doors skill:
>
> 1 - Is there a trap spoiler somewhere around? If so, the following
> questions probably could be ignored.

There's one on Loonie's site -- it's really late so I hope you'll pardon
my not providing a link. Should be crawl.webpark.pl, though.

> 2 - Does the skill only increase when unarming traps?
> If this sounds too obvious: I also can imagine that the skill increases
> just from triggering a trap from a certain skill value on...

That info isn't over there. I know that discovering traps and doors by
standing next to them trains the skill, but as for triggering... my
intuition is that it doesn't. Triggering traps WILL train shields,
though. It might also train armour and/or dodging.

> 3 - How high should the skill be to provide a fair chance (~70%+) of
> detecting a Zot trap?

That's in the spoilers; I can't remember offhand.

> 4 - Does EV and/or Dex affect the probability of detecting a trap?

Ditto.

Erik

Erik Piper wrote:
> Rubinstein wrote:
>> Just some questions about the Traps & Doors skill:
>>
>> 1 - Is there a trap spoiler somewhere around? If so, the following
>> questions probably could be ignored.
>
> There's one on Loonie's site -- it's really late so I hope you'll
> pardon my not providing a link. Should be crawl.webpark.pl, though.

Got it, thanks :)

Rubinstein