Dell Solution Center ??

Last response: in Computer Brands
August 15, 2004 6:10:56 AM

ever since installing XP SP2 have not been able to get above to work I have
seen others post the same thing but have not heard of any real corrections.
So if anyone knows of any way to correct this please let us know
TIA
Glenn

--
"*-344-*Never Forgotten"
Is for the New York City Firemen who lost their lives on September 11,2001.

More about : dell solution center

Anonymous
August 15, 2004 3:07:00 PM

"G Klein" <glenn@provider.com> wrote in message
> ever since installing XP SP2 have not been able to get above to work I
have
> seen others post the same thing but have not heard of any real
corrections.
> So if anyone knows of any way to correct this please let us know
> TIA
> Glenn

And this is a problem ?? :0)
August 15, 2004 7:45:59 PM

"G Klein" <glenn@provider.com> wrote in message
> ever since installing XP SP2 have not been able to get above to work I
have
> seen others post the same thing but have not heard of any real
corrections.
> So if anyone knows of any way to correct this please let us know
> TIA
> Glenn
>
> --
> "*-344-*Never Forgotten"
> Is for the New York City Firemen who lost their lives on September
11,2001.
> The official count is 343, but there was also a volunteer who lost his
life
> aiding in the initial rescue efforts. And I will never forget them as long
> as I live,
> nor should any American.
> "Mow Green"

I have the same problem and find it frustrating just because.

I hadn't associated the problem with the SP2 (I get automatic updating). I
can manually access the alerts (can you?), but no longer have access to the
setting, and the alerts no longer automatically appear. Perhaps it's not
the same problem. I wrote Dell and got a useless solution (presumably
outsource) about finding a previous date and using system restore (I didn't
pay attention to when the problem occurred). It seems like a minor problem
but I don't like it when things don't work, partly because I worry that it
means something else might not be working. I just like to know that things
are functional.

If anyone has an answer, I'd appreciate it as well.

(PS to original poster... Are you from the San Fernando Valley?)
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 8:46:21 PM

I believe SP2 after being installed, will have the new MS firewall enabled. Also I believe it comes with a pop-up blocker program, it may also be enabled automatically after installation. You will need to turn off the MS firewall if you have firewall protection through a router or an alternate software program such as ZoneAlarm, or Anti-Virus Suite.

Also you will need to find the SP2 pop-up blocker program's preference settings, and enable it to work with the Dell site. This has nothing to with Dell, but is an MS issue.

MS Knowledge base #843016: Concerning new IE POP-Up Blocker
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843016

--
Attention !!! Before Installing MS XP SP2, create a Restore Point. This will allow you to return WinXP to a previous condition, if you have problems after update!

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

!