Cannot start MSBNUtil.exe

I'm getting a MS Visual C++ runtime error. I haven't
accessed the utility since prior to installing Service
Pack 2. Can anybody help me?
TIA, Gus

You're on Windows XP? Then uninstall the pretty front end and administer
the base station through your browser at the base station IP. Much easier.
There are many things which cause the tool to malfunction, including one of
ATI's graphics drivers.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

Chris H. wrote:

> You're on Windows XP? Then uninstall the pretty front end and administer
> the base station through your browser at the base station IP. Much easier.
> There are many things which cause the tool to malfunction, including one of
> ATI's graphics drivers.
Thats fine but what do you do if you have a wireless network and your
520 and 500 arent talking anymore? I have tried changing settings with
Control oanel/Network/propertys/advanced/ and so forth, but when I
change a setting on there it doesnt "change". I dont know whats wrong,
somedays it connects, somedays it dont. Doesnt make sense. It has to be
outside interference. But M-soft says thats impossible. They would have
to know my password. I dont think so. Cause for yrs I didnt use wep. Ive
tried to set it up now, but it doesnt really make any dif if set up or
not. Sometimes it connects without it. So I assume my "neighbor: does
the same, and he probably enters new security setting.

There are things you can do, including moving the channel up or down, change
your Workgroup name to something unique to your situation, and filter by MAC
addresses. Take a look at some of MVP Barb Bowman's networking columns on
the Expert Zone in my signature line.
--

"ElKabong" <nospam@youmama.com> wrote in message
> Chris H. wrote:
>
>> You're on Windows XP? Then uninstall the pretty front end and administer
>> the base station through your browser at the base station IP. Much
>> easier. There are many things which cause the tool to malfunction,
>> including one of ATI's graphics drivers.
> Thats fine but what do you do if you have a wireless network and your 520
> and 500 arent talking anymore? I have tried changing settings with Control
> oanel/Network/propertys/advanced/ and so forth, but when I change a
> setting on there it doesnt "change". I dont know whats wrong, somedays it
> connects, somedays it dont. Doesnt make sense. It has to be outside
> interference. But M-soft says thats impossible. They would have to know my
> password. I dont think so. Cause for yrs I didnt use wep. Ive tried to set
> it up now, but it doesnt really make any dif if set up or not. Sometimes
> it connects without it. So I assume my "neighbor: does the same, and he
> probably enters new security setting.

If you are running skinning software or ATI's hydravision, you'll need to
disable that before the MSBNU will work.

However, as Chris says, you are better off not using it anyways.
There's absolutely nothing you can't configure without the MSBNU.
Best advice, don't bother using it. You'll be better off using the built-in
OS stuff (i.e. Windows Wireless Zero-Config)

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -