Looking for Cyberpunk RLs.

Could anyone point me to a Cyberpunk/Sci-Fi RL? Most I have played are
fantasy (which I love, don't get me wrong ;).

Played Gearhead already, DoomRL (arguably sci-fi), and this one that you
start on a spaceship and walk around some complex with some drone robots and
other unfinished features (forgot name :oP).

Thanks a lot.

--Nolithius
9 answers Last reply
More about looking cyberpunk
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Nolithius wrote:

    > Could anyone point me to a Cyberpunk/Sci-Fi RL? Most I have played are
    > fantasy (which I love, don't get me wrong ;).

    Have you tried Steamband?

    <http://angband.oook.cz/steamband/steamband.html>

    sherm--

  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    "Sherm Pendley" <spamtrap@dot-app.org> wrote in message
    > Nolithius wrote:
    >
    > > Could anyone point me to a Cyberpunk/Sci-Fi RL? Most I have played are
    > > fantasy (which I love, don't get me wrong ;).
    >
    > Have you tried Steamband?
    >
    > <http://angband.oook.cz/steamband/steamband.html>
    >
    > sherm--
    >

    > --
    > Cocoa programming in Perl: http://camelbones.sourceforge.net
    > Hire me! My resume: http://www.dot-app.org

    Thanks, I hadn't. Just did. It's decent, but it looks incomplete and plays
    kind of odd (honestly, I'm not a huge fan of *bands).

    I was looking for something more within the theme of
    Shadowrunner/Snowcrash/Neuromancer/Blade Runner/etc. You know, Cyberpunk ;)

    If there are none around then I know what my next project will be! ;o)

    --Nolithius
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    "Nolithius" <Nolithius@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Sherm Pendley" <spamtrap@dot-app.org> wrote in message
    > > Nolithius wrote:
    > >
    > > > Could anyone point me to a Cyberpunk/Sci-Fi RL? Most I have played are
    > > > fantasy (which I love, don't get me wrong ;).
    > >
    > > Have you tried Steamband?
    > >
    > > <http://angband.oook.cz/steamband/steamband.html>
    > >
    > > sherm--
    > >

    > > --
    > > Cocoa programming in Perl: http://camelbones.sourceforge.net
    > > Hire me! My resume: http://www.dot-app.org
    >

    > Thanks, I hadn't. Just did. It's decent, but it looks incomplete and plays
    > kind of odd (honestly, I'm not a huge fan of *bands).
    >
    > I was looking for something more within the theme of
    > Shadowrunner/Snowcrash/Neuromancer/Blade Runner/etc. You know, Cyberpunk
    ;)

    > If there are none around then I know what my next project will be! ;o)
    >
    > --Nolithius

    I just looked around: that one I was talking about earlier was Deadcold.
    Just checked out Xenocide, it is very smooth but still has a feeling of
    incompleteness.

    Any others?

    --Nolithius
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Dnia Tue, 10 May 2005 06:46:22 GMT,
    Nolithius napisal(a):

    > Any others?

    Alphaman? :)

    --
    Radomir @**@_ Bee! .**._ .**._ .**._ .**._ zZ
    `The Sheep' ('') 3 (..) 3 (..) 3 (..) 3 (--) 3

    Nolithius wrote:

    > I just looked around: that one I was talking about earlier was
    Deadcold.
    > Just checked out Xenocide, it is very smooth but still has a feeling
    of
    > incompleteness.
    >
    > Any others?

    I found one call Operation Thunderbolt through Home of the Underdogs.
    Didn't like it especially much. Wasn't horrible, there are just so
    many I like better.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Sherm Pendley wrote:
    > Nolithius wrote:
    >
    >> Could anyone point me to a Cyberpunk/Sci-Fi RL? Most I have played are
    >> fantasy (which I love, don't get me wrong ;).
    >

    > Have you tried Steamband?
    >
    > <http://angband.oook.cz/steamband/steamband.html>

    hey, i kinda like this one. now if i can just get enough au to pay that
    crasy american to work on some steamwares ;) (yep its in the game!)
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    The Sheep wrote:
    > Dnia Tue, 10 May 2005 06:46:22 GMT,
    > Nolithius napisal(a):
    >

    >>Any others?
    >

    > Alphaman? :)

    oh man, now there is a timesink. never finished it tho (in fact, half
    the time i dont get to first mission).

    very simple, very addictive!
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    "Nolithius" <Nolithius@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Could anyone point me to a Cyberpunk/Sci-Fi RL? Most I have played are
    > fantasy (which I love, don't get me wrong ;).

    Tower of Doom (Sci-Fi/Fantasy crossbreed) (developed by me)
    http://todoom.sourceforge.net/

    There are no cyberpunk RLs :(

    copx
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    "copx" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in news:d62r8j$157$00$1@news.t-
    online.com:

    > "Nolithius" <Nolithius@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> Could anyone point me to a Cyberpunk/Sci-Fi RL? Most I have played are
    >> fantasy (which I love, don't get me wrong ;).
    >
    > Tower of Doom (Sci-Fi/Fantasy crossbreed) (developed by me)
    > http://todoom.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > There are no cyberpunk RLs :(
    >
    > copx

    wasn't there Boss, only for Macs though....

    -Buddyweizer

SCI Games Video Games