Best monitors for gaming

patterj7

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Between the Dell S2330MX and the U2412M which gives you a better picture for gaming? I play MMOs mostly. I've scanned through the article including both, but not really sure which will give me that life like picture.

patterj7

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Between the Dell S2330MX and the U2412M which gives you a better picture for gaming? I play MMOs mostly. I've scanned through the article including both, but not really sure which will give me that life like picture.
To delve into this a bit futher, would something like the BenQ XL2420T, with the high refresh rate give that higher quality picture?

That is a good monitor for gaming at 24". It's not that you get a higher quality picture from 120hz, but you get a more fluid experience. With FPS over 80 on a 120hz monitor, I find games are much more responsive and eliminate motion sickness I usually experience at lower FPS and refresh rates. It mostly reduces latency, but you can also notice a loss of mild choppiness that you get at lower refresh rates (something you may not noticed until after you get used to more FPS and hz).

It also has a matte screen, something I like, but not everyone does.