[Crawl] Exception caused by broken score file

My latest games suddenly ended with an exception instead of a death
message. There also was no morgue file created and the temporary save
files weren't deleted. Those games ended with a line like this:
"The goblin hits you! 9446 Speicherzugriffsfehler (german word for
exception fault)"

After removing the scores file from /opt/crawl/lib everything works fine
again. So it *must* be something wrong with that file. Those scores are
not very important for me, but in case anyone would like to investigate,
I'll keep it for a while...

Rubinstein
1 answer Last reply
More about crawl exception caused broken score file
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Rubinstein wrote:
    > Those games ended with a line like this: "The goblin hits you! 9446
    > Speicherzugriffsfehler (german word for exception fault)"

    Sorry, weak translation. Correct is "memory access error".

    Rubinstein

Cases Games Video Games