Laptop keyboard Fn functioning

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b D Laptop
August 15, 2004 6:08:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.windows-xp (More info?)

On my Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop (WinXP Pro SP1), some of the keys have a
third key option to the side, that is used when the Fn (function) key is
also depressed. For instance, the 0 (zero) key prints a zero normally, a )
(closed parenthesis) when the Shift key is also depressed, and * when the
Fn key is also depressed.

On my main user account (power user) and on the default Administrator
account, this is functioning properly, but on another admin account, it
acts as if the Fn key is always depressed. With the above example, the *
is used unless the Fn key is also depressed.

How can this be corrected? Rebooting makes no difference. Disabling Fast
User Switching makes no difference.

--
Tom McCune
a b D Laptop

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.windows-xp (More info?)

I'm a little embarrassed to say that the problem was simply from Number
Locking somehow being turned on.

--
Tom McCune
August 15, 2004 8:33:31 PM

Tom McCune wrote:
> I'm a little embarrassed to say that the problem was simply from
> Number Locking somehow being turned on.

Wear a bag over your head for the next three days.

--
- relic -
Don't take life too seriously, You won't get out alive.

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.windows-xp (More info?)

I'd lend the OP mine, but I still need it.
--
Ted Zieglar
formerly "Rocket J. Squirrel"

"relic" <nospam@relic211.cjb.net> wrote in message
> Tom McCune wrote:
> > I'm a little embarrassed to say that the problem was simply from
> > Number Locking somehow being turned on.
>
> Wear a bag over your head for the next three days.
>
> --
> - relic -
> Don't take life too seriously, You won't get out alive.

April 20, 2009 6:52:36 AM

You know what, I had the same problem and thought my keyboard broke. Thanks to you I finally found the answer so don't be embarrassed. ;)

Guess I should wear a bag over my head too.

Quote: