Has anyone tried this gorgeous graphical roguelike game?

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
May 29, 2005 6:48:02 PM

Has anyone tried this gorgeous graphical roguelike game? It looks
good!

www.playfate.com

More about : gorgeous graphical roguelike game

Anonymous
May 29, 2005 6:48:03 PM

It does look nice, if a bit on the cute side. I downloaded the demo but
I'll check around before I install it.
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 5:03:25 PM

I d/led it today. It's a good Diablo clone with a few neat tweaks and
nice gameplay -- well worth the $20.

It doesn't have the depth of a turn-based roguelike, but there are
still a few interesting strategic decisions to make. Good game.
May 31, 2005 3:13:23 AM

Benjamin Peterson wrote:
> I d/led it today. It's a good Diablo clone with a few neat tweaks and
> nice gameplay -- well worth the $20.
>
> It doesn't have the depth of a turn-based roguelike, but there are
> still a few interesting strategic decisions to make. Good game.

most definetly a diablo clone, a cute one at that. but i dont recall
there being a multiplayer mode, to bad...
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 6:25:28 PM

kenneth marken wrote:
> Benjamin Peterson wrote:
>
>> I d/led it today. It's a good Diablo clone with a few neat tweaks and
>> nice gameplay -- well worth the $20.
>>
>> It doesn't have the depth of a turn-based roguelike, but there are
>> still a few interesting strategic decisions to make. Good game.
>>

> most definetly a diablo clone, a cute one at that. but i dont recall
> there being a multiplayer mode, to bad...

and btw, i removed it after i found out that some npcs will give you
quests you cant fullfill as the demo stops you from going beyond level 3
of the cave :(
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 8:09:05 AM

kenneth marken wrote:
> and btw, i removed it after i found out that some npcs will give you
> quests you cant fullfill as the demo stops you from going beyond level 3
> of the cave :(

Don't worry -- there's bound to be a serial or something on the p2p
networks.