Sign in with
Your question

View My Webcam

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
January 14, 2011 1:55:40 PM

running windowa 7. where do i go to turn on web cam and view it.

More about : view webcam

a b D Laptop
January 15, 2011 2:19:23 AM

Depending on which brand laptop you have, there should be a program pre-installed that should take care of it. Take a look through the programs via the start menu to see what you can find.
a b D Laptop
January 15, 2011 2:44:30 AM

I would think most people would use some sort of chat program to do it. Yahoo, AIM, windows live or whatever they call it, etc. I know my sister in law used yahoo's msger to chat with her husband when he was stationed in Korea. That way they could keep in touch and he could see his oldest kid for the year.

I also know that you can use Irfanview to view your webcam. I don't remember where it is and my laptop doesn't have a cam. I can update this when I get home/some time if you really want to know.
Related resources
August 27, 2011 8:30:33 PM

foobarazz said:
I found this the other day http://www.mycameralink.com
Just start your webcam in your browser and access it from anywhere.

hey foobarazz
i just want to ask you if there's any possible solution other than my cameralink .com as it demands opening of the camera in a browser from the remote pc and that's not applicable in my case
Thx for you supporrt
BR
Fady
August 27, 2011 8:34:49 PM

4745454b said:
I would think most people would use some sort of chat program to do it. Yahoo, AIM, windows live or whatever they call it, etc. I know my sister in law used yahoo's msger to chat with her husband when he was stationed in Korea. That way they could keep in touch and he could see his oldest kid for the year.

I also know that you can use Irfanview to view your webcam. I don't remember where it is and my laptop doesn't have a cam. I can update this when I get home/some time if you really want to know.

i just want to ask you if there's any possible solution other than my cameralink .com as it demands opening of the camera in a browser from the remote pc and that's not applicable in my case
Thx for you supporrt
BR
Fady
a b D Laptop
August 27, 2011 11:52:24 PM

Applicable or possible? If you don't know how to do that remotely, perhaps logmein can help. I can't really suggest anything because I don't know what your trying to do.
August 29, 2011 10:57:06 PM

4745454b said:
Applicable or possible? If you don't know how to do that remotely, perhaps logmein can help. I can't really suggest anything because I don't know what your trying to do.

Thx for your fast reply all i want to do is remotely monitor the laptop webcam :) 
BR
Fady
a b D Laptop
August 29, 2011 11:12:57 PM

For reasons you can't mention?

Logmein is a great site, I use it a lot. Let's say your at work on your break of course and want to see whats going on at your house. Use logmein to sign into your laptop. Fire up whatever program your using to view your webcam, I already mentioned irfanview. The webcam view should be viewable on your work computer, showing you whatever you pointed the laptop at. (assuming the cat didn't knock it over already.)

If you are hoping to turn on someone's cam without them knowing, can't really help you there. There are ways that I know of, but not on this forum.
August 30, 2011 10:09:27 AM

4745454b said:
For reasons you can't mention?

Logmein is a great site, I use it a lot. Let's say your at work on your break of course and want to see whats going on at your house. Use logmein to sign into your laptop. Fire up whatever program your using to view your webcam, I already mentioned irfanview. The webcam view should be viewable on your work computer, showing you whatever you pointed the laptop at. (assuming the cat didn't knock it over already.)

If you are hoping to turn on someone's cam without them knowing, can't really help you there. There are ways that I know of, but not on this forum.

Thx very much u were very helpful :) 
!