Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Convert bin to jpg/png

Last response: in Windows 7
January 11, 2013 3:19:12 PM

So there I am on memebase on my android phone and I do a weeks worth of catching up, about 150 images saved. go to quickpic, no images there, strange. Rescan media and still not there. Hook up phone to computer and all of the "images" are saved in a .bin format. I am able to open and resave with mspaint fine but to do that 150 times will be SUPER annoying. Any software to do this?

More about : convert bin jpg png

January 11, 2013 3:44:15 PM

I can't think of the fastest way, but I believe Picasa is able to import BIN images and then export them in a new format. Another method to try would be Adobe Lightroom, which you would be able to connect your phone to and import directly from, then export to a desired format. Download the trial of Lightroom and give it a shot.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2013 10:41:50 PM

1zacster said:
So there I am on memebase on my android phone and I do a weeks worth of catching up, about 150 images saved. go to quickpic, no images there, strange. Rescan media and still not there. Hook up phone to computer and all of the "images" are saved in a .bin format. I am able to open and resave with mspaint fine but to do that 150 times will be SUPER annoying. Any software to do this?

what happens if you just rename the file extension from .bin to .jpg?
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2013 10:53:11 PM

Open Windows Notepad
copy and paste this into the Notepad file: ren *.bin *.jpg
Save that Notepad file with a .bat file.
copy or move that new .bat file into the same folder where your .bin files are.
Now, double-click the file to perform the extension change.
January 13, 2013 3:02:38 AM

Best answer selected by 1zacster.
m
l
!