Info on Dual Athlon MB

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
-Begin Shadowrun Vernacular-
Bloody drek that's one expensive piece of chrome. It does look wiz though.
-End Shadowrun Vernacular-

But then for that kind of a price, why not just run a farm of the buggers? It'd be cheaper and probably more effective.

And I don't see how integrated networking and SCSI are worth that kind of a pricetag.

So we're left believing that what, the second processor socket is worth some six to seven hundred bucks? (And I am being nice here.) Forgive me if my laughing is deafening. And I thought Intel overcharged...

-Despite all my <font color=red>rage</font color=red>, I'm still just a <font color=orange>rat</font color=orange> in a <font color=white>cage</font color=white>.

G

Yep....and to think that some people have been waiting on this board for their HOME systems? Looks like they will be waiting just a little while longer. But hey, you can look at it this way. The GeForce 3 looks CHEAP when compared to this price! LOL

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
:(
I was one of those people.

I wanted a dual T-Bird for home use.

I was willing to put off SSE2 for another couple of years until the next-gen chips had matured. I had wanted a dual Athlon 1.33GHz, 133MHz FSB, DDR SDRAM system.

But if that's the way that AMD is going to do it, then they can get stuffed. Heck if I'm going to pay THAT much for a MOTHERBOARD. For a processor, maybe. For a MOTHERBOARD?!?! Heck no.

I'd rather get a dual P3 1GHz with PC800 RDRAM and a GeForce3. And I'd STILL save money compared to the dual Athlon. Darn bloody expensive motherboard.

I could get two complete systems for cheaper than it'd cost to get a dual Athlon with that kind of pricing.

-Despite all my <font color=red>rage</font color=red>, I'm still just a <font color=orange>rat</font color=orange> in a <font color=white>cage</font color=white>.