Sign in with
Your question

Laptop with good sound card

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
January 15, 2011 5:10:47 AM

I need a laptop with a good soundcard for DJing. On my current laptop I bought an external USB audio interface but it keeps giving terrible buzzing noises once or twice a day. (Installed the last 3 new updates, still same problem)

More about : laptop good sound card

January 15, 2011 6:17:53 AM

As far as I know, most laptops do not come standard with soundcards. You could ask a place like Xotic PC to custom build one with a sound card for you but otherwise I really have no idea.
a b D Laptop
January 15, 2011 3:24:53 PM

You could try ASUS.

It's not easy to research laptop with great audio chips. I also suspect anything beyond basic onboard sound will cost a lot since there's little demand for it.

I'm sure there are laptops with good audio. Basically I'd start with ASUS's Multimedia laptops and look at other major brands including MSI, Sony, HP, Toshiba etc.
Related resources
a b D Laptop
January 15, 2011 3:39:02 PM

Your best bet appears to be a better USB solution such as:
http://us.store.creative.com/Sound-Blaster-XFi-HD/M/B00...

I don't know why you're getting buzzing noises with your current USB solution. You should check their site.

I would also try that USB audio box with another computer to see if it will work there in case it's a conflict with your laptop's software or just a glitch.
!