WTF is bloatware?

abeaty1

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
Yea, I know it is software that takes up disk space and RAM, and is often times useless.....so, what are some examples of bloatware? Is it stuff pre-d/led on a computer when you buy it. I.E. Sony bias crap on sony laptops that is NEVER used?

WTF is bloatware? Examples, please...

Solution
You basically just explained what it is yourself. It's preinstalled software that is generally uninstalled soon after buying. It's usually useless stuff most people don't want like ESPN related junk.

Keep in mind that bloatware is just a term, so just because it comes preinstalled on your system doesn't mean you don't want it. Really it's only technically bloatware if you know you'll never use it and have no interest in using it.

CDdude55

Distinguished
You basically just explained what it is yourself. It's preinstalled software that is generally uninstalled soon after buying. It's usually useless stuff most people don't want like ESPN related junk.

Keep in mind that bloatware is just a term, so just because it comes preinstalled on your system doesn't mean you don't want it. Really it's only technically bloatware if you know you'll never use it and have no interest in using it.

Solution

chugot9218

Honorable
Smart phones are good examples, if you see all those stupid Verizon apps and whatever else comes pre-installed by your carrier that you usually don't need, will never use, and without rooting, cannot remove. After killing all the tasks on my phone, an hour later I end up with like 10 programs running that I never opened, that is a good example of bloatware.