[Crawl] What's this strange structure in the Hive?

###############
.........@##·#·##
~~~~~~####·····#
~~~~~~~~###···##
~~~~~~~~~###·##
~~~~~~~~~~##·#
~~~~~~~~~~~###
~~~~~~~~~~~~#

The ~'s are water and I discovered this area with magic mapping, but my
digging wand wont penetrate. What is it and how do I get in?

Rich
6 answers Last reply
More about crawl what strange structure hive
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Oooh cool!

    Inside a few yellow wasps, useless armour and scrolls and a book, but a
    rather nice rod:

    The rod of destruction

    Spells Type Level
    a - Throw Frost Evocations 2
    b - Ice Bolt Evocations 4
    c - Freezing Cloud Evocations 7

    Select a spell to cast.

    Methinks that will compliment my axe and now sword (for when I want to
    swap in my res electricity shield) of flaming rather nicely!

    Rich
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    >So many people talking about rods these days, makes me feel like there's
    >something wrong with my copy: they are *extremely* rare in my games. :-/
    >
    >Rubinstein

    Hmmm. I've played about 20 games so far, most dying very early, and
    only a few even reaching the temple, this last one is the first to
    reach the Lair. I've found 2 rods so far, this is the first time I've
    actually worked out what they're for. Guess luck comes and it goes :)
    Hopefully I'll be able to stay alive long enough to make the most of
    it.

    Rich
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Dafty wrote:

    > The ~'s are water and I discovered this area with magic mapping, but
    > my digging wand wont penetrate. What is it and how do I get in?

    Seek for a hidden door.
    Hint: You need to levitate...

    Rubinstein
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Dafty wrote:

    [ice-based \oDestruction found in Hive hoardlet]

    The little hoard in the Hive is so small that it's a rarity when
    something really good turns up there. A rod find in there is really great!

    The ice rod eventually goes out of style (too many ice-resistants later
    on), but it is bloody amazing until it does. Freezing cloud is just
    insanely powerful. (More so if you're stealthy, but it's still good even
    if you're not.) Just be careful you don't cast it too close to yourself
    in corridors -- it's a really frustrating way to lose your potions!

    Erik
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Dafty wrote:

    > Inside a few yellow wasps, useless armour and scrolls and a book, but
    > a rather nice rod:
    >
    > The rod of destruction

    So many people talking about rods these days, makes me feel like there's
    something wrong with my copy: they are *extremely* rare in my games. :-/

    Rubinstein
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Rubinstein wrote:
    > Dafty wrote:
    >
    >>Inside a few yellow wasps, useless armour and scrolls and a book, but
    >>a rather nice rod:
    >>
    >>The rod of destruction
    >

    > So many people talking about rods these days, makes me feel like there's
    > something wrong with my copy: they are *extremely* rare in my games. :-/
    >
    > Rubinstein

    They're extremely rare in the wild, period. I think my first winner
    found one in the wild before the endgame and one after that, my second
    found one at some point, and my hopeful third found one early on and
    thanked his lucky stars.

    Erik

Games Mapping Video Games