Sign in with
Your question

Changing Drive Letter

Last response: in Windows 7
January 11, 2013 10:20:54 PM

I recently re installed Windows 7 home premium 64 bit for my sister. Everything runs great, despite one thing. There is NO drive letter for the 100 mb drive it creates. I tried to change or add a letter, nada. No options. It is completely blank. I've went into cmd prompt to try and it doesn't show up in there as well. I'm sure it is something elementary, but I'm missing something. I'm baffled. Any help or suggestions?

More about : changing drive letter

a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2013 10:23:12 PM

That 100MB partition is not for you to be playing with. Leave it alone. It contains the recovery console and is used by BitLocker in Ultimate and Enterprise.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 12, 2013 3:28:27 AM

munchnbeaver said:
I recently re installed Windows 7 home premium 64 bit for my sister. Everything runs great, despite one thing. There is NO drive letter for the 100 mb drive it creates. I tried to change or add a letter, nada. No options. It is completely blank. I've went into cmd prompt to try and it doesn't show up in there as well. I'm sure it is something elementary, but I'm missing something. I'm baffled. Any help or suggestions?

No touchie compadre :non:  :non: 

If you somehow manage to delete that partition (which is possible and no I won't help you do it) you will ultimately be locked out of your computer and have to reinstall Windows again and the same partition will be right back on, thus wasting 5+ hours (not really) of your life on nonsense.
m
l
!