Need a Dell Laptop with "mic boost". Which light laptop ha..

Hello,
Looking for a light Centrino Dell laptop. Need a laptop that has the "mic
boost" option for the soundcard, will be using this laptop to record voice.
Most laptops don't have good soundcards. Does anyone have a 600m and does it
have the "mic boost" option? Most laptops are lousy recorders. I am using a
top of the line microphone, currently, and a Toshiba works well in
recording but otherwise the Toshiba is not a reliable laptop (what a shock.)
Looking at Dell's, currently.
Thanks in advance,
Winston
4 answers Last reply
More about need dell laptop boost light laptop

    If you're looking for a light laptop, then look at the IBM X40. Under 3
    pounds. I have lots of Dell desktops, but my laptop is an X40.

    And I just checked a Mic Boost IS a configurable option.

    Tom
    "John" <john@dontreply.net> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > Looking for a light Centrino Dell laptop. Need a laptop that has the "mic
    > boost" option for the soundcard, will be using this laptop to record
    > voice.
    > Most laptops don't have good soundcards. Does anyone have a 600m and does
    > it
    > have the "mic boost" option? Most laptops are lousy recorders. I am using
    > top of the line microphone, currently, and a Toshiba works well in
    > recording but otherwise the Toshiba is not a reliable laptop (what a
    > shock.) Looking at Dell's, currently.
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Winston

    thx. Will look at the x40.
    John
    > If you're looking for a light laptop, then look at the IBM X40. Under 3
    > pounds. I have lots of Dell desktops, but my laptop is an X40.
    >
    > And I just checked a Mic Boost IS a configurable option.
    >
    > Tom
    > "John" <john@dontreply.net> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >> Looking for a light Centrino Dell laptop. Need a laptop that has the "mic
    >> boost" option for the soundcard, will be using this laptop to record
    >> voice.
    >> Most laptops don't have good soundcards. Does anyone have a 600m and does
    >> it
    >> have the "mic boost" option? Most laptops are lousy recorders. I am using
    >> top of the line microphone, currently, and a Toshiba works well in
    >> recording but otherwise the Toshiba is not a reliable laptop (what a
    >> shock.) Looking at Dell's, currently.
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >> Winston

    Hi laptops with good soundcards are rare.
    For laptops, best options are an external DSP module (USB 2).

    Personnally I used to record voice with a dedicated microphone
    with integrated DSP and the result was amazing !
    You can get such microphone for few bucks : Plantronics DSP 300.

    This let you the opportunity to choose the laptop independantly.

    Rgds

    "John" <john@dontreply.net> a écrit dans le message de
    > Hello,
    > Looking for a light Centrino Dell laptop. Need a laptop that has the "mic
    > boost" option for the soundcard, will be using this laptop to record
    voice.
    > Most laptops don't have good soundcards. Does anyone have a 600m and does
    it
    > have the "mic boost" option? Most laptops are lousy recorders. I am using
    > top of the line microphone, currently, and a Toshiba works well in
    > recording but otherwise the Toshiba is not a reliable laptop (what a
    shock.)
    > Looking at Dell's, currently.
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Winston

    THX.!
    "Ayoros" <ayoros12@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi laptops with good soundcards are rare.
    > For laptops, best options are an external DSP module (USB 2).
    >
    > Personnally I used to record voice with a dedicated microphone
    > with integrated DSP and the result was amazing !
    > You can get such microphone for few bucks : Plantronics DSP 300.
    >
    > This let you the opportunity to choose the laptop independantly.
    >
    > Rgds
    >

    > "John" <john@dontreply.net> a écrit dans le message de
    > > Hello,
    > > Looking for a light Centrino Dell laptop. Need a laptop that has the
    "mic
    > > boost" option for the soundcard, will be using this laptop to record
    > voice.
    > > Most laptops don't have good soundcards. Does anyone have a 600m and
    does
    > it
    > > have the "mic boost" option? Most laptops are lousy recorders. I am
    using
    > > top of the line microphone, currently, and a Toshiba works well in
    > > recording but otherwise the Toshiba is not a reliable laptop (what a
    > shock.)
    > > Looking at Dell's, currently.
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > > Winston

Dell Laptops Light Sound Cards Computers