Need a Dell Laptop with "mic boost". Which light laptop ha..

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hello,
Looking for a light Centrino Dell laptop. Need a laptop that has the "mic
boost" option for the soundcard, will be using this laptop to record voice.
Most laptops don't have good soundcards. Does anyone have a 600m and does it
have the "mic boost" option? Most laptops are lousy recorders. I am using a
top of the line microphone, currently, and a Toshiba works well in
recording but otherwise the Toshiba is not a reliable laptop (what a shock.)
Looking at Dell's, currently.
Thanks in advance,
Winston

If you're looking for a light laptop, then look at the IBM X40. Under 3
pounds. I have lots of Dell desktops, but my laptop is an X40.

And I just checked a Mic Boost IS a configurable option.

Tom
"John" <john@dontreply.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Looking for a light Centrino Dell laptop. Need a laptop that has the "mic
> boost" option for the soundcard, will be using this laptop to record
> voice.
> Most laptops don't have good soundcards. Does anyone have a 600m and does
> it
> have the "mic boost" option? Most laptops are lousy recorders. I am using
> top of the line microphone, currently, and a Toshiba works well in
> recording but otherwise the Toshiba is not a reliable laptop (what a
> shock.) Looking at Dell's, currently.
> Thanks in advance,
> Winston

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

thx. Will look at the x40.
John
> If you're looking for a light laptop, then look at the IBM X40. Under 3
> pounds. I have lots of Dell desktops, but my laptop is an X40.
>
> And I just checked a Mic Boost IS a configurable option.
>
> Tom
> "John" <john@dontreply.net> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> Looking for a light Centrino Dell laptop. Need a laptop that has the "mic
>> boost" option for the soundcard, will be using this laptop to record
>> voice.
>> Most laptops don't have good soundcards. Does anyone have a 600m and does
>> it
>> have the "mic boost" option? Most laptops are lousy recorders. I am using
>> top of the line microphone, currently, and a Toshiba works well in
>> recording but otherwise the Toshiba is not a reliable laptop (what a
>> shock.) Looking at Dell's, currently.
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Winston

Hi laptops with good soundcards are rare.
For laptops, best options are an external DSP module (USB 2).

Personnally I used to record voice with a dedicated microphone
with integrated DSP and the result was amazing !
You can get such microphone for few bucks : Plantronics DSP 300.

This let you the opportunity to choose the laptop independantly.

Rgds

"John" <john@dontreply.net> a écrit dans le message de
> Hello,
> Looking for a light Centrino Dell laptop. Need a laptop that has the "mic
> boost" option for the soundcard, will be using this laptop to record
voice.
> Most laptops don't have good soundcards. Does anyone have a 600m and does
it
> have the "mic boost" option? Most laptops are lousy recorders. I am using
> top of the line microphone, currently, and a Toshiba works well in
> recording but otherwise the Toshiba is not a reliable laptop (what a
shock.)
> Looking at Dell's, currently.
> Thanks in advance,
> Winston