Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 hangs at welcome screen after update

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
January 11, 2013 11:42:45 PM

Hello I have a problem with Windows 7. I restarted the computer to finish installing updates, and when the welcome screen came up, the computer gets stuck there. I tried restarting the computer again, and it did the same thing. This started happening after installing updates. Safe mode works fine so I don't know what to do. Any help?
a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2013 11:53:40 PM

Hi :) 

Go into safe mode and RESTORE the computer to BEFORE the updates...then go back into normal windows and do those updates ONE AT A TIME..

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
July 25, 2013 7:01:18 AM

I've had this happen to me on domain computers that run Windows 7 Pro. What I did to fix this was to re-join the system to the domain. This will be faster than doing a system restore. Also, on a side note you may want to turn on Verbose logging in group policy so instead of seeing "Welcome..." you see what processes /policies are being applied in real time.

Hope this helps.
m
l
October 19, 2013 10:28:01 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Go into safe mode and RESTORE the computer to BEFORE the updates...then go back into normal windows and do those updates ONE AT A TIME..

All the best Brett :) 

I have started my laptop in safe Mode but it is telling me there are no restore points.... I have also tried to do a clean startup in safe mode by going to the start menu and typing msconfig.exe and disabling all startup functions and then restarting as suggested in other forums but it has not worked. I am afraid that I have lost everything. please help
m
l
!