Spilled water on black widow ultimate stealth!!!!!!!!!!!!

jordie240991

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
omfg i litterally am so anoyed at myself. I just spilled a tiny amount of tea on my brand new keyboard that i just spend £130 on =[[[[[[[[[[ I tured it upside down whilst i ran to go and get a towel. The lights still work fine minus the FN key i think but its like i am constantly pressing down the windows key. Will drying it out fix it? sorry for the post but omg i am so angry at myself. please any advice will be amazing right now.

Was the tea plain, or did it have sugar and/or milk in it?

If it was plain you might be in luck, and just letting it dry out might be OK. However, if it had anything in it you should use a SMALL amount of distilled water to rinse that area of the keyboard and then let it dry.

jordie240991

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011

it just had milk. After my first little panic attack =p i rang a friend on skype and he told me what to do. i followed what he said and it is now working. i am letting the keyboard dry out fully over night before using it. Sorry if this post was regarded as spam but i was in a bit of a panic =p

xhanku

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

Could you please temme what did you do? I spilled some water and now the alt, window & shift key are pressed continuously. I've kept it under the fan to dry. Anything else that I should do? =(

jordie240991

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011

REmove all the keys and dry them off well. Get some kitchen roll and push it into the gaps between the switches. leave it to absorb the water for about 30 mins. Remove the kitchen roll. Repeat until the kitchen roll is dry. Plug it in and see if it worked. If it did, leave it to dry further over night.

xhanku

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks man. Its all dried up and working like new xD Thanks for your help. Appreciate it