Sign in with
Your question

EXTERNAL MIC FEEDBACK ON LAPTOP

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
January 16, 2011 11:10:44 PM

My external mic works on my laptop but I get terrible feedback on my speakers and headphones. What am I doing wrong? I have Realtek sound card.
January 16, 2011 11:13:51 PM

Reddtune said:
My external mic works on my laptop but I get terrible feedback on my speakers and headphones. What am I doing wrong? I have Realtek sound card.

Also I get echo...I'm a musician and I need to record my vocals over my studio software. Please help!!
a b D Laptop
January 18, 2011 11:48:15 PM

Do you have the latest drivers installed for the sound card? If not, head to the laptop manufacturer's support site to get it and see if that helps the situation out at all.
Related resources
January 20, 2011 8:54:55 PM

thanks for your reply buwish..I installed latest drivers from Dell...it got rid of 1 sec delay but now only plays through left speaker and there is a buzzing sound? Please advise.
a b D Laptop
January 22, 2011 2:35:18 AM

Perhaps it is an issue with the external mic. If you have any other external mics laying around you could try that and see if the same issues persist. If they do not, then chances are it is the mic. If not, it may be worthwhile to try and get in touch with Dell support if your laptop is still under warranty.
!