Monitor vs keyboard

Inyray

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Hello all! im new at tom's, and i know this isnt the correct place to post this, but i cant find the right place, and i wasnt getting any feedback from the place i previously posted at.
I recently purchased a new gaming pc with good high end components like MSI GTX 670 2GB and i5 3570k.

I have my old screen a Samsung Syncmaster 226BW 22" (2ms response time) that i bought around 5 years ago, and have been extremely happy with, and still am. The screen stills works perfect, but the problem is that its native resolution is only 1680x1050p. Im wondering if it would be stupid to not have atleast full HD screen when im using a powerful pc.
Is the difference between 1680x1050 and 1920x1080 really big, or noticeable at least? The main reason i would switch screen would be because of the resolution, but also to get a bigger screen (maybe going 22" to 24" ).

The other option i have is buying one of the more expensive mechanical keyboards. Currently im using my old G11 membran one. It still works fine, but some of the buttons have started to become a bit annoying to press. I heard alot of good things about the mechanicals ones, and become quite interested in trying them.

So basically, what do you guys think would be the best option for me? Upgrade my screen to get a few more inches, and a HD resolution, or buy a good high end mechanical keyboard (like the Qpad MK-85 for example)? I only have the money to choose one of them.

I use my computer mainly for gaming.

meehow

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Hi ! I'll get straight to the point on this one. Let me start of saying that mechanical keyboards ain't as good as they are made out to be. I own a blackwidow ultmate and also tried couple of other mechanical keyboards such as the das etc. I'll say this, while I game I don't really care about what keyboard I use and it definitely doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the fact that when I write on a normal keyboard I feel just weird and can't seem to type at my usual rate as I would on a mechanical keyboard. In your situation I'd go for the monitor. There's nothing better than a good ol 1920x1080 resolution. You will see a massive difference in picture quality and the overall picture will be better too. There will be a huge reduction of jagged edges in games even if you don't use AA etc. I know a friend who always bashes me and laughs at me when I use AA and just drop frames for no reason, yes the AA does improve the quality but in the long run why would you sacrifice many frames just to reduce jagged edges and slightly improve the overall quality of objects. Coming back to the keyboard if you are a student like me and don't get much time to game anymore and do a lot of uni/college work I'd advise you to get the keyboard!