Looking for a Reliable Printer with Cheap Cartridges

Busy Academic

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Hi, folks, can anyone give me a hand? I am going to be printing up to 1000 pages a month and am looking for a printer that is less than $110 and has very cheap ink cartridges. I will mostly be printing text in black and white, and do not need color printing. Preferably I would like a printer that does not require you to use the color option. The quality can be fair; I need the text to be legible, clear, and properly centered on the page. I have a Windows 7 operating system. I do not need photo printing, but it would be okay to have if the quality supports it (I can do without photo printing).

I would also like the printer to be a quiet one.

I noticed that some kodak printer ink cartridges can be replaced for $8-9 by third party buyers. If you know of any cartridges for good printers sold in this manner, that information would also be helpful.

Thanks for your time!

username-taken

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Don't know of any first party cartridges this cheap, but for the other part of the question, i've always found the Pixma series from Canon to be reliable.
I had one for years and it got so old that it started doing funny noises inside. Yet its printhead still worked fine and it kept on printing. And never had a single paper jam

Busy Academic

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
I bought a Pixma MG2120 and the only cartridges that were available anywhere including online were $22. I will be returning it to the store. I did, however, just buy an Epson Workforce 435 printer, and I found cartridges online that only cost $7. Thanks for your response.

For others who might be looking for a similar deal, Kodak printers and Epson printers have very cheap cartridges available. $5-7 apiece if you buy remanufactured, moderate output cartridges.