Windows 7 Stuck at "Starting Windows"

justio123

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Got a new motherboard, PSU, Graphics card, case.
Set everything up perfectly.

I can hear it load up, but it just stays at the same "Starting Windows" picture until I shut down my computer.
If I uninstall the integrated graphics card on my motherboard, it loads. I then download the drivers for my graphics card, but it forces me to restart my computer if I want to use it. 1 restart, and the problem persists.

I have tried literally everything, but restore my computer to factory settings. Anything I could do?

Well you have isolated the issue down to one thing. Your graphics drivers.

1. Boot into Safe Mode (either Safe Mode or Safe Mode w/Networking will do)
2. Uninstall the video drivers from the computer
3. Reboot into Normal mode, when it starts to install the drivers again, it will possibly prompt you to allow windows to do it for you, stop it from doing so.

You may also want to go into the BIOS of the computer and check to make sure the integrated graphics chip is disabled because it also sounds like Windows is getting confused on where to look.

You mentioned you installed a graphics card, was this integrated to the systemboard, or is it a standalone card?

justio123

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012

At first it was the integrated on the motherboard. After I disabled that and got onto a normal boot, I installed the standalone card and after installing, the problem persisted.