Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Whatever happened to "Killer Notebooks"?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
January 17, 2011 1:34:38 PM

Just curious, Killer Notebooks used to have the owner (I think) come on the forums and advert :D  I mean post opinions but has long since disappeared from the forums. They won some Gaming Laptop award years ago but it looks like they went out of business. Just curious since they claimed their laptops where light years ahead of the name brand laptops. :D 
a b D Laptop
January 17, 2011 4:54:58 PM

Not sure whether I should bother to post here since some of your comments indicate that you only intend to poke fun at Mark's (owner of KN and poster here) potential plight. However, appealing to your good nature, I will at least mention what I last heard. Keep in mind that the last time I saw Mark post anything either here or on his own sponsored forums was probably about 2 years ago. At that time they were facing the debacle that was the OCZ Extreme 840 gaming laptop. There were a ton of issues with the system and a lot of unhappy customers (not just Mark's customers). In the mean time he was supposedly in the process of trying to expand his business (bigger location and the addition of some extra help). However, it seemed that the expansion was having an equally negative toll on the rest of the business as it seem customers were getting neglected. Since I have not heard from him in almost 2 years, his website has not been updated in at least a year, and he failed to renew the license on his own sponsored forums, all things would indicate that he is no longer in the laptop business.
January 18, 2011 3:45:32 PM

lostandwandering said:
Not sure whether I should bother to post here since some of your comments indicate that you only intend to poke fun at Mark's (owner of KN and poster here) potential plight. However, appealing to your good nature, I will at least mention what I last heard. Keep in mind that the last time I saw Mark post anything either here or on his own sponsored forums was probably about 2 years ago. At that time they were facing the debacle that was the OCZ Extreme 840 gaming laptop. There were a ton of issues with the system and a lot of unhappy customers (not just Mark's customers). In the mean time he was supposedly in the process of trying to expand his business (bigger location and the addition of some extra help). However, it seemed that the expansion was having an equally negative toll on the rest of the business as it seem customers were getting neglected. Since I have not heard from him in almost 2 years, his website has not been updated in at least a year, and he failed to renew the license on his own sponsored forums, all things would indicate that he is no longer in the laptop business.


Thanks! I had wondered, as him and I went back and forth a lot back in the day. I personally think there had been something fishy as it seemed there was a lot of weird posts from other users but I digress. I knew years ago that the most likely outcome of such outrageously priced laptops would be what looks to have happened (price to performance ratio was insane and not in a good way). I am suprised that he at one time was looking to expand as I didnt see much demand in the market for ultra expensive laptops. I truly wish no ill will towards him but hope he learns to be a little less stubborn in his attitude which would I think benefit him greatly in whatever he decides to do.

Related resources
January 20, 2011 11:12:25 PM

I purchase a laptop from him awhile ago and i have nothing but great things to say about Mark. He was excellent at answering questions and my laptop was perfect as can be at the time. I am sad to see that his website is down and hope he is able to restart his website or find happiness elsewhere. I would definitely be a repeat customer in the future.
January 21, 2011 11:10:09 AM

Seemed to be a nice guy just overcharged by a lot on his Laptops. :) 
(Probably why he is out of business)
January 21, 2011 11:11:48 AM

Mr_SaMSa said:
I purchase a laptop from him awhile ago and i have nothing but great things to say about Mark. He was excellent at answering questions and my laptop was perfect as can be at the time. I am sad to see that his website is down and hope he is able to restart his website or find happiness elsewhere. I would definitely be a repeat customer in the future.

Joined Forums yesterday did ya? Welcome! I am guessing you joined just to post this? Wow you must really like the guy. Do you by chance know him personally? ;) 
January 24, 2011 11:30:59 AM

LOL Mr_SaMsa is that "Mark"? or maybe a "buddy"? I bet so.... ;) 
January 30, 2011 11:55:30 PM

Yep looks like I was right. (Mr Samsa, signed up and posted ONCE, and hasnt posted anything else since) One post and it was to defend him. Guys my only issue was the shady way (like the odd responses to this thread) things seemed to be handled. :lol: 
October 22, 2011 4:57:50 AM

The market for high end notebooks was present then but noone was tapping into it by offering very affordable prices along with reliability and good support. Companies like XoticPC, Avadirect, computerupgradeking, btotech, and hidevolution now own the high end notebook domain.
November 2, 2011 11:28:02 PM

looks like an old thread but one that I am interested in. also a first time poster but I can promise I am not Mark.....

I went looking for a laptop years ago on notebookreview and got caught up in all the hate mark posts that for some reason still seem to linger. That said I decided to buy on of the new ocz's mentioned above when they hit the market. I am actually typing this note on that box right now. I think it is the best laptop I have ever owned and I have owned everything from alienware to falcon. That said, one of the things that made it run so well was all his updates and tweaks to the software that he offered his customers. I miss that the most frankly. He was at times opinionated to the extreme but he was also attacked to the extreme so I guess that was his way of defending himself. I wish he would get his site back up and start giving us updates and I even check every once in a while hoping his forum will pop back up and show signs of life but to no avail. At the end of the day, as a customer all I really care about is the quality of the box and I have never owned once as good as what he made for me. Now I will soon be ready to upgrade once again and I will end up with Alienware I am sure as there is really no other good option for a gaming rig.

Happy but disappointed Killer Notebook owner.
November 10, 2011 12:36:48 AM

blastedwand said:
looks like an old thread but one that I am interested in. also a first time poster but I can promise I am not Mark.....

I went looking for a laptop years ago on notebookreview and got caught up in all the hate mark posts that for some reason still seem to linger. That said I decided to buy on of the new ocz's mentioned above when they hit the market. I am actually typing this note on that box right now. I think it is the best laptop I have ever owned and I have owned everything from alienware to falcon. That said, one of the things that made it run so well was all his updates and tweaks to the software that he offered his customers. I miss that the most frankly. He was at times opinionated to the extreme but he was also attacked to the extreme so I guess that was his way of defending himself. I wish he would get his site back up and start giving us updates and I even check every once in a while hoping his forum will pop back up and show signs of life but to no avail. At the end of the day, as a customer all I really care about is the quality of the box and I have never owned once as good as what he made for me. Now I will soon be ready to upgrade once again and I will end up with Alienware I am sure as there is really no other good option for a gaming rig.

Happy but disappointed Killer Notebook owner.


There are other great options out there, that is the great thing about competition it gives us better products at better pricing. Businesses go out of business for a reason. I looked at that brand of laptop and saw the pricing was way to high compared to the competition and that is probably why they went under. I (years ago) tried to make this point and was verbally thrashed, which if he treats potential customers this way would be another reason for going bye bye. You know the saying, the customer is always right... :) 
!