Issue with accessing the recovery partition on the Sony VAIO VGN-NR120

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccaranna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
I have a Sony VAIO VGN-NR120E laptop computer that seems to still have its recovery partition intact. I believe this to be true because while performing a mock Windows XP installation the recovery partition was listed. Out of its total 7+ GB size less than 1GB was left. However, I cannot access it using the F10 button. At the menu that is brought by hitting the F10 button only the OS partition is listed. Is there a way to repair this situation, or is there another way of making use of the recovery partition?

Thank you for your time.

ccaranna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

It turns out that I managed to arrive at a solution to this issue on my own.

The solution that I arrived is the following:

1. Download from NeoSmart the a torrent that allows one to download the iso file that allows one to create a bootable Windows Vista Recovery disc.
2. Download and install BitTorrent, if necessary.
3. Download the iso file that allows one to create a bootable Windows Vista Recovery disc.
4. Boot the to Windows Vista Recovery disc.
5. Navigate to the command window.
6. Execute the command "bootrec /fixmbr".
7. Reboot computer.
8. At the Sony VAIO splash screen peck at the F10 key at a moderate pace.
9. Once the appropriate menu appears, begin the process of performing a factory image restore operation.

zobcat

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011

You are a god among men. Saved me a lot of heartache. I couldn't get out of a startup repair loop. I have patches of hair missing. I'd mark this one as solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.