[Crawl] YACD - GnTr I think I'm stuck on DL7...

There's a bunch of killer bees on this level. I've killed a few but
burnt all my decent potions to evaporate to do it. I can't stab them to
death before they poison me so much I have to retreat. I'm out of
healing. No poison resist. Only temple found. Running out of food as no
"otG and easy to get hungry. Think I'm screwed which is a shame as I'm
enjoying this guy. Probably made a mistake learning blade hands when I
can't reliably cast it yet.

Any possible get out suggestions appreciated...

Dungeon Crawl version 4.0.0 beta 26 character file.

Kneebiter the Ducker

Race : Gnome Res.Fire : . . . See Invis. : +
Class : Transmuter Res.Cold : . . . Warding : .
Worship : Vehumet Life Prot.: . . . Conserve : +
Level : 8 Res.Poison: . Res.Corr. : .
Exp : 1335 Res.Elec. : . Gourmand : .
Next Level : 2177
Exp Needed : 842 Sust.Abil.: . Rnd.Telep. : .
Spls.Left : 0 Res.Mut. : . Ctrl.Telep.: .
Gold : 56 Res.Slow : . Levitation : .
Clarity : . Ctrl.Flight: .
HP : 42/44
MP : 12
Str : 8 Weapon : Unarmed
Int : 14 Armour : +1 elf robe
Dex : 19 Shield :
AC : 5 Helmet : +0 orc helmet
Evasion : 12 Cloak : +0 cloak
Shield : 0 Gloves : +0 pair of gloves
Boots :
Play time : 04:05:55 Amulet : amulet of conservation
Turns : 14090 Ring : ring of wizardry
Ring : ring of see invisible

You are on level 5.
You worship Vehumet.
Vehumet is most pleased with you.
You are not hungry.

Inventory:
Hand weapons
a - a +2,+3 dagger of speed
b - an uncursed runed bow
h - a club
G - a halberd
L - a dagger
N - an orcish dagger
Missiles
i - 15 darts
w - 16 poisoned needles
x - 24 poisoned needles
Armour
c - a +1 elven robe (worn)
j - a +0 orcish helmet (worn)
D - a +0 pair of gloves (worn)
E - an animal skin
H - a +0 cloak (worn)
I - a robe
J - a robe
Magical devices
z - a wand of paralysis
F - a wand of enslavement
Scrolls
l - 4 scrolls of detect curse
m - a scroll labeled UKIXEDYRYRIH {tried}
s - a scroll labeled QIJUJYXKU {tried}
t - a scroll labeled DEKA
u - a scroll labeled XUBUTOPRER
A - 8 scrolls of teleportation
C - 3 scrolls of remove curse
Jewellery
o - a ring of see invisible (left hand)
p - a ring of ice
r - a ring of wizardry (right hand)
B - an amulet of conservation (around neck)
Potions
e - 3 potions of confusion
g - 2 emulsified orange potions
n - a potion of healing
y - 2 potions of water
K - a slimy inky potion
Books
d - a book of Changes
f - a book of Charms

You have 2 experience left.

Skills:
+ Level 2 Fighting
+ Level 5 Short Blades
- Level 2 Darts
+ Level 3 Throwing
+ Level 5 Dodging
+ Level 3 Stealth
+ Level 1 Stabbing
+ Level 3 Unarmed Combat
+ Level 2 Spellcasting
+ Level 1 Necromancy
+ Level 3 Transmigration
+ Level 2 Fire Magic

You cannot memorise any spells.
You know the following spells:

Your Spells Type Success
Level
a - Fulsome Distillation Transmigration/NecromancyVery Good 1
b - Evaporate Fire/Transmigration Very Good 2
c - Spider Form Poison/Transmigration Good 3
d - Blade Hands Transmigration Bad 5

Last Messages

You feel sick.
You feel sick.
Drink which item?
You feel much better.

#.#.#.# #.#.#### #
#.#.#.# #.)....# #
#.#.#.# #......# #
#.#.######## #......# #
#.#........# #......# #
#.#.)......# #......# #
#.#........# #......# #
#%#........# #......# #
##.#......@.# #......# #
#....#'###### #......# #
#....#.# #.#'#### #
#....#.# #.#.# #
#....#.# #.#.######
#....#.# #.........
#....#.###### #.........
#.>..#......# #.........
####.#....#.# #.........

Vanquished Creatures
An ogre (D:6)
A centaur (D:5)
3 killer bees (D:7)
3 imps
3 hounds
5 giant ants
2 scorpions
5 gnolls
11 snakes
3 worms
2 giant mites (D:4)
2 oozes
9 giant cockroaches
4 giant geckos
24 goblins
21 hobgoblins
7 jackals
7 orcs
4 quokkas
20 rats
4 small snakes
16 giant bats
10 giant newts
15 kobolds
An orc zombie (D:5)

183 creatures vanquished.

You know I hadn't even thought of using the downstairs as I'm so used
to clearing the entire level before proceeding! Yeah I think that's
probably the best option, thanks again Erik! What would we do without
you?

Rich

All hail Darshans mighty patch and stash tracking all being set by
default in my game :) There's a blowgun on level 4. Time to go pick it
up and practice methinks.

Survived too. But damn it was close. Still short on food and healing.
Oh well no one told me this was going to be easy :)

Rich

Dafty wrote:
> There's a bunch of killer bees on this level. I've killed a few but
> burnt all my decent potions to evaporate to do it. I can't stab them to
> death before they poison me so much I have to retreat. I'm out of
> healing. No poison resist. Only temple found. Running out of food as no
> "otG and easy to get hungry. Think I'm screwed which is a shame as I'm
> enjoying this guy. Probably made a mistake learning blade hands when I
> can't reliably cast it yet.
>
> Any possible get out suggestions appreciated...

So no down staircases found? Even if none have been found... YOU'RE A
GNOME. YOU HAVE LIMITED, BUT STILL USEFUL MAGIC MAPPING AS A RACIAL
ABILITY. :p

Once you find one, it's a matter of making a mad dash from the up to the
down, and just avoiding this level until you're better off against bees.
Your potions of confusion will help in slowing down pursuit (bees are,
oddly enough, NOT poison-immune), and Spider Form will help you run
faster (though it will also leave you naked). You might also try
poison-based (Spider Form) guerilla warfare against the bees, using
staircases to handle just a couple at a time -- though this is obviously
something more for after you've improved your food situation (reached
D:8) than before then.

Erik

Dafty wrote:

[between lightning-fast stingers and a hard place]

Sorry for the second post in quick succession for the same subject, but
these are also worth a glance

> w - 16 poisoned needles
> x - 24 poisoned needles

If you manage to get a blowgun, these are good for some Evaporate-free
poisonings. Before then... the Hillbilly Sting isn't much good against
bees with their ridiculously high evasion, unfortunately.

> z - a wand of paralysis
> F - a wand of enslavement

Stop or enslave one bee in a corridor, and you've probably stopped
several more behind it.

Erik