Sign in with
Your question

3D Monitor or Large Monitor?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 8, 2012 6:26:31 AM

I will soon be finishing up my build, and I was originally going to get a Asus VG278H 3D Vision 2 monitor, but now I'm wondering if I should just get something like a 30" monitor for a higher resolution.

I've never tried an 120Hz screen before, and I don't know if it will be as good as people say in the long run.

I'm really interested in 3D Vision, the only thing that makes me weary is the lack of people who use it, and the people who say negative things about it, and how it gets boring after a while.

The 3D monitor itself is 27", so I'm not really sure if the 3 inch difference and the higher resolution would be worth losing 3D and 120Hz.

Also, I'm not looking to spend an obscene amount of cash for a 30" monitor.

Any suggestions?

More about : monitor large monitor

September 9, 2012 12:58:53 AM

I've continued to look into it, and I'm now deciding between a higher res or the 3D monitor. So it's come down to these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

both are 27", but the second one is 2560x1440, while the first one is 1920x1080, but supports 3D and 120Hz.

My current monitor is 1920x1080 and is 23.6". Would the 27" 2560x1440 be a big upgrade and worth the cash? or should I go with the other monitor?
m
l
a b C Monitor
September 9, 2012 7:00:07 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Computer Peripherals by Mousemonkey
m
l
Related resources
a c 133 C Monitor
September 9, 2012 4:25:28 PM

I personally chose 3D Vision and glad I did. 3D is pretty awesome when the game supports it, which more games do these days.
m
l
September 9, 2012 9:12:34 PM

bystander said:
I personally chose 3D Vision and glad I did. 3D is pretty awesome when the game supports it, which more games do these days.

Yeah, I wish someone who has had both would answer...
m
l
a c 133 C Monitor
September 10, 2012 12:07:07 AM

I have only seen one person on these forums who has used both, and that's JackNalor (might have that spelled wrong), and he has recommended 120hz and 3D in the past. You can do some google searches, there are people out there who do respond. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot with both on this site.
m
l
September 10, 2012 1:07:29 AM

bystander said:
I have only seen one person on these forums who has used both, and that's JackNalor (might have that spelled wrong), and he has recommended 120hz and 3D in the past. You can do some google searches, there are people out there who do respond. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot with both on this site.

Eh, I think I might be leaning towards the 3D monitor more, since it's also a lot cheaper at the moment. The only thing that makes me weary about buying it is the lack of people who support it...
m
l
a c 133 C Monitor
September 10, 2012 5:41:21 AM

This might help you with support: http://helixmod.wikispot.org/gamelist

That modder has a lot of fixes and a program to fix many games.

With it, I'd guess nearly half my games support it.
m
l
!