Battery or motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzyv

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Hello,
I have a compac pessorio V6000, have had to buy a new adaptor every year since I got it 4 years ago. 2 weeks ago had to get a new battery. Now sometimes not always when I close it at night, the next day the 3 blue flashing light will not stay on and seems battery is not "catching" if you wait a couple of hours it will finally come on, someone thought it might be the motherboard. thx for help

G

If the computer runs okay on the power adapter with the battery removed chances are the adapter's okay but there's a problem with the motherboard (the way it's eating power adapters suggets that too).

suzyv

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
/thx, I am sorry, but I double posted this question, please delete the 2nd one, I did not see your answer here this AM.

Do you have any idea what a motherboard/labor would cost, or would I be better off just buying new?

G

Worth seeing a repair guy but some now charge just for looking at it.

I think if the machine is approaching 5 years it would not be worth paying (say) $200 for repair if you can buy a newer computer secondhand for about that. Or a brand new one for $700.

Meanwhile, if you've not yet destroyed the latest power adapter, I'd go on using this computer on mains power (the wire fraying is down to you, I'd imagine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS