[crawl] demons? (yacd)

Glik, the minotaur monk is still alive, and doing well, despite the
fact that he's been inert for a week. I found on D:10 curious room. it
has a statue, in the middle, is made of metal, and has all sorts of
goodies inside, but the entrances are covered in lava. any ideas on how
to get the the goodies? and how to get rid of the summoner statue? it
keeps summoning nasty 3s, which I have to run away from. Truly
annoying. How to get to the treasure. I am being angry!

Similarly annoying, on level one of the lair, I found a rock room, with
doors at the corners and a stone room inside that, and then a 2x2 of
green crystal inside that. what does it mean?

Dungeon Crawl version 4.0.0 beta 26 character file.

Glik the Black Belt (Minotaur)
(Level 12 Monk)

Play time: 04:40:57 Number of turns: 31704

Experience : 12/23376
Strength 15 Dexterity 16 Intelligence 11
Hit Points : 89/109 Magic Points : 11
AC : 5 Evasion : 15 Shield : 0
GP : 1803

You are in the Lair.
You worship Okawaru.
Okawaru is greatly pleased with you.
You are full.

Inventory:
Hand weapons
a - an uncursed dwarven dagger (weapon)
o - a +1,+0 bow
w - a +0,-1 whip of electrocution
A - the +0,+6 mace "Eb Xixtib"
It inflicts extra damage upon your enemies.
It protects you from fire.

Missiles
i - 15 poisoned orcish darts
u - 77 arrows
F - 7 poisoned elven arrows
H - 6 +0 orcish darts of flame
Armour
h - a +0 pair of gloves (worn)
r - a cursed +2 robe (worn)
G - a +0 elven cloak (worn)
Magical devices
f - a wand of paralysis (3)
j - a wand of fireball
n - a wand of fireball
p - a wand of frost (3)
s - a runed glass wand
C - a wand of slowing
J - a wand of digging
Comestibles
b - 3 meat rations
e - an apple
Scrolls
g - 4 scrolls of detect curse
l - 3 scrolls of teleportation
m - a scroll of paper
q - a scroll labeled N SYJEH REM
t - 2 scrolls labeled EVINACI
x - a scroll of blinking
z - 2 scrolls of identify
M - a scroll of remove curse
N - a scroll labeled ONOP BO
Jewellery
d - an amulet of the gourmand (around neck)
B - a +0,+6 ring of slaying (right hand)
Potions
y - 2 potions of might
E - 3 potions of healing
I - a potion of speed
L - a potion of heal wounds
Books
c - a book of Minor Magic
k - a book of Charms
v - a book of Necromancy

You have 5 experience left.

Skills:
+ Level 9 Fighting
- Level 1 Short Blades
+ Level 1 Axes
+ Level 10 Maces & Flails
+ Level 5 Bows
- Level 6 Darts
+ Level 4 Throwing
+ Level 11 Dodging
+ Level 5 Stealth
+ Level 2 Stabbing
+ Level 11 Unarmed Combat
+ Level 2 Spellcasting
- Level 2 Conjurations
+ Level 1 Enchantments

You have 12 spell levels left.
You know the following spells:

Your Spells Type Success
Level
a - Magic Dart Conjuration Good 1
b - Corona Enchantment Good 1
c - Pain Necromancy Fair 1

Mutations & Other Weirdness
Your muscles are strong (Str +1).
You have a slow metabolism.

Does a slow metabolism mean I am slower, or that I eat less food? does
it affect spellcasting at all?

Thanks for all your help last time.

NIm wrote:
> Glik, the minotaur monk is still alive, and doing well, despite the
> fact that he's been inert for a week. I found on D:10 curious room. it
> has a statue, in the middle, is made of metal, and has all sorts of
> goodies inside, but the entrances are covered in lava. any ideas on how
> to get the the goodies? and how to get rid of the summoner statue? it
> keeps summoning nasty 3s, which I have to run away from. Truly
> annoying. How to get to the treasure. I am being angry!

The statue is easy to dispatch -- if you have a wand of disintegration.
I see you have an unidentified wand in your inventory - ID it.

As for the lava, levitation might help if you can find a source for it.

> As for the lava, levitation might help if you can find a source for it.

Or Apportation, if you find a book of Cantrips or Spatial. Also, that
way you can leave the statue alone until you find an amulet of resist
mutation against the nexoqecs - whereafter you can milk the statue
indefinitely for experience.

> Does a slow metabolism mean I am slower, or that I eat less food?

Less food.