[crawl] xp issues?

I noticed that I haven't leveled up in a while, so is there an
artifact that keeps you from getting xp? or is this a bug? I'm so
confused!

on another note, I've encountered a stucture that looks like this:

+########+
# #
# +####+ #
# # # #
# # ## # #
# # ## # #
# # # #
# +####+ #
# #
+########+

where the utside is rock, the middle is stone, and the inside is green
crystal. I found it in the lair, so if anyone has found anything
similar, I would appreciate insights about it..
3 answers Last reply
More about crawl issues
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Actually, the pluses were just doors. Kinda wierd. aparently there are
    some things that noone knows, yet.

    Thanks for the heads up about the robe!
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    NIm wrote:
    > I noticed that I haven't leveled up in a while, so is there an
    > artifact that keeps you from getting xp? or is this a bug? I'm so
    > confused!

    Sounds like you're wearing a cloak of the archmage.
    In this case: no bug (description gives you a small hint).

    > on another note, I've encountered a stucture that looks like this:
    >
    > +########+
    > # #
    > # +####+ #
    > # # # #
    > # # ## # #
    > # # ## # #
    > # # # #
    > # +####+ #
    > # #
    > +########+
    >
    > where the utside is rock, the middle is stone, and the inside is green
    > crystal. I found it in the lair, so if anyone has found anything
    > similar, I would appreciate insights about it..

    I saw such a structure where the plusses were traps (I guess that's what
    they are here, too, right?), though not with different materials. But I
    don't think there's something special about it.

    Rubinstein
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    On Mon, 3 Jul 2005, NIm wrote:

    > Actually, the pluses were just doors. Kinda wierd. aparently there are
    > some things that noone knows, yet.

    Actually, that formation you spotted is one of the minivaults which the
    Crawl map generator sometimes sticks into maps to make them more
    interesting. The term "minivault" is misleading, as many of them don't
    contain any treasure (or, indeed, vault-like features), but I think it
    derives from the fact that they are handled by similar processes to those
    which create full sized (treasure containing) vaults in maps.

    Your particular feature is, according to the code, minivault 11.

    Sam

Games Windows XP Video Games