AMD's price eclipses Intel's

Nikko

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!
<A HREF="http://www2.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo/story.asp?source=blq/yhoo&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo&guid={BFABDBAE-E377-4BE8-9F7A-146DDCB0943B}" target="_new">http://www2.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo/story.asp?source=blq/yhoo&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo&guid={BFABDBAE-E377-4BE8-9F7A-146DDCB0943B}</A>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
now it's time to wake up!

"Intel market cap -- $187.68 billion. AMD market cap -- $8.72 billion ... only $178.96 billion to go before a cross over that means anything."

welcome to the real world.

"Amd cpu...Gone in 2 secs flat, it truly is a fast chip!"

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Deja vu. seems ike this same topic was posted 10 minutes ago...

Also same topic was shot down in flames when share volume and market cap were quoted.

It does point out its a good time to buy Intel stock =)

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yes! nikko should let us know when it goes to 5-10 they'll be a mad rush to get in on this!

some ppl are clueless when it comes to tech stocks!

"Amd cpu...Gone in 2 secs flat, it truly is a fast chip!"

Nikko

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey, Bozo, Rome wasn't conquered in a day. This is a huge victory for AMD.

"Although, with the contagiously bullish tone spreading at Athlon speed ... the small victories just might lead to some big ones ... and then bigger ones".

Nikko

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
At the rate of Intel's decline you should be looking at 5-10 for Intel within a couple weeks. Yeah, you certainly are clueless.

AMD 1 year Return: +5%
INTC 1 Year Return: -60%

Nikko

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey, I understand why you defend Intel so vigorously. They certainly have a product roadmap that would make any company green with envy. Let's see, they've diversified and are now making microprocessor-controlled sex toys for you and your sidekick, FUDGEPACKER. They also have the highly popular P4, a chip that performs worse than it's predecessor and uses the dreaded RAMBUST memory. And, there's the Itanic. A chip that will cost more than most economy cars, requires a nuclear reactor to power it, requires a total reinvestment of all your software, and runs x86 code slower than a 286. Who's clueless?

bsprawka

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Good thing you followed the victory by ?? because the answer is WRONG.

Thank you Nikko for reiterating that fact I stated in the earlier stock price discussion.
A little update
AMD 1 year return: 6% (stock went up another 1% in the last couple of minutes)
INTEL 1 Year Return: -60% (it did go up another .125% though)

66% better relative performance.

Reply to that Fugger and AMDmeltdown. I don’t think you could say anything to upset me now since my 1 year LEAP on AMD’s stock has gone up over 100% in the last two days :). I hope some other people on this board put there money where their mouth is. For your sake(FUGGER and AMDMeltdown) I hope you didn't.

Nobody ever said AMD was bigger(Market Cap and Share Volume). The just said they have been making a better product lately for less money (proved by stock price increases).

ROFL@U

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
You have a bad attitude dude you are more bias than they are!!!

SPUD

<font color=blue>Just some advice from your friendly neighborhood blue man </font color=blue> :smile:

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Victory? Not for the stockholders, as I have stock in both AMD and Intel.

I need Intel to recover! But now may be a good time to buy more Intel stock. Cover your losses.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Yes indeed intel survived 85 they will survive this and more both companies arnt goin anyware. But you guys should all be ready fer the japanese to stomp on the indutry when this slow down is done you wont be laughin then.

SPUD

<font color=blue>Just some advice from your friendly neighborhood blue man </font color=blue> :smile:

Nikko

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Oh, come on now, Spud, did I hurt your feelings? You didn't like my response to your ridiculous "Lets Try This Again Athlon And P4 Specs", post? I'm sorry! And you know what?? Unlike Fugger and AmdMeltdown, I'm not afraid to say I'm biased. Here, how's this.......I'M BIASED! I DON'T LIKE INTEL! I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY DON'T LIKE INTEL!

Ok???

bsprawka

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
No offense (I am a finance major who studies this stuff alot) but the buylow sell high (ex. INTC) mentality stopped working about 2 years ago. You are better off buying high and selling higher(ex. AMD). Not that I would suggest buying AMD right now, traders probably over reacted to the news as they always do. Hey you could be right though. The buy low sell high might have come back in with our slowing economy. Thats all the stock advice for now.

Nikko

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have mixed feelings - I'm sorry for you and anyone else who's lost money on Intel. But I'm also very glad to see AMD doing so well. Hopefully Intel will recover enough to let you recoup your $$.

bsprawka

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Looks like I shut Fugger and AMDmeltdown up again and I changed to Journeyman. This day just keeps on getting better and better.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
What's happened to the Intel Freaks? They have ran out of bad things to make fun of about AMD, so they are making fun of the good things too? ROFLMAO!

-----------------
"648kb is all the space anyone will ever need!"

Bill Gates, 1980s

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
We are finding it hard to say anything peroid because you guys are right there to insult and belittle it :(

SPUD

bsprawka

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Fugger,

Lets look at a summary of your last 6 or so post.
Pro Intel, AMD sucks, AMD sucks, Pro Intel, AMD sucks, and Intel is great.

Sounds like you are saying Intel is good and AMD sucks. I don't think anyone including youself could disagree with that. How do you respond to the fact that AMD has had a 66% relative stock increase over intel.

"My money is on nvidia"

You just change the subject because you are WRONG. Sounds like you shut up about the Intel vs AMD war to me.

ROFL@U (I learned that annoying little sig from you)