Guess what's in the Dungeon Master's Guide II?

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

Previews of the Dungeon Master's Guide II have mentioned that it
will contain a completely mapped and detailed town as an example for
DMs, but in Dragon #332 it's been revealed that the town in question is
Saltmarsh, as in "The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh".

That? Is AWESOME!
10 answers Last reply
More about guess what dungeon master guide
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    Ubiquitous wrote:
    > Previews of the Dungeon Master's Guide II have mentioned that it
    > will contain a completely mapped and detailed town as an example for
    > DMs, but in Dragon #332 it's been revealed that the town in question is
    > Saltmarsh, as in "The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh".
    >
    > That? Is AWESOME!

    Yay!!! Recycled material!!! What will they think of next? ;-p

    Ralph Glatt

    Member, Old Farts Club
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    "julian814" <julian814@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1117908878.503951.245640
    @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Ubiquitous wrote:
    >> Previews of the Dungeon Master's Guide II have mentioned that it
    >> will contain a completely mapped and detailed town as an example for
    >> DMs, but in Dragon #332 it's been revealed that the town in question is
    >> Saltmarsh, as in "The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh".
    >>
    >> That? Is AWESOME!
    >
    > Yay!!! Recycled material!!! What will they think of next? ;-p

    Well looking at most of the stuff they have pumped out lately there are not
    thinking about much of what they have been designing.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> writes
    >Previews of the Dungeon Master's Guide II have mentioned that it
    >will contain a completely mapped and detailed town as an example for
    >DMs, but in Dragon #332 it's been revealed that the town in question is
    >Saltmarsh, as in "The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh".
    >
    >That? Is AWESOME!

    Awesome? That town we were directed to make up ourselves a couple of
    decades ago? That's not awesome - that's naff.

    --
    Ian R Malcomson
    "Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box"

    In article <VU1S8XBo9koCFwQE@domicus.demon.co.uk>,
    Ian R Malcomson <ian@domicus.demon.co.uk> wrote:
    >Awesome? That town we were directed to make up ourselves a couple of
    >decades ago? That's not awesome - that's naff.

    "Naff" must be some English word I've never heard before. What does it mean
    (besides something pejorative)?

    David Alex Lamb wrote:
    > Ian R Malcomson <ian@domicus.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >> That's not awesome - that's naff.
    >
    > "Naff" must be some English word I've never heard before. What does it
    > mean (besides something pejorative)?

    "Unstylish, clichéd or outmoded" according to several online dictionaries.
    Personally, I think I'd define it as "embarrassingly stupid or awful";
    others with more experience of British English may be able to provide more
    nuanced definitions.

    doug

    --
    "...and they said, 'work hard, and die suddenly, 'cos it's fun'..."
    --Robyn Hitchcock

    Douglas Bailey <trystero@world.std.com> writes
    >David Alex Lamb wrote:
    >> Ian R Malcomson <ian@domicus.demon.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>> That's not awesome - that's naff.
    >>
    >> "Naff" must be some English word I've never heard before. What does it
    >> mean (besides something pejorative)?
    >
    >"Unstylish, clichéd or outmoded" according to several online dictionaries.
    >Personally, I think I'd define it as "embarrassingly stupid or awful";
    >others with more experience of British English may be able to provide more
    >nuanced definitions.

    That's pretty much it. Good grief, they'll put anything into
    dictionaries these days! :)

    --
    Ian R Malcomson
    "Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box"

    Ian R Malcomson <ian@domicus.demon.co.uk> wrote:
    > Douglas Bailey <trystero@world.std.com> writes
    >>David Alex Lamb wrote:

    >>> "Naff" must be some English word I've never heard before. What does it
    >>> mean (besides something pejorative)?
    >>
    >>"Unstylish, clichéd or outmoded" according to several online dictionaries.
    >>Personally, I think I'd define it as "embarrassingly stupid or awful";
    >>others with more experience of British English may be able to provide more
    >>nuanced definitions.
    >
    > That's pretty much it. Good grief, they'll put anything into
    > dictionaries these days! :)

    yeah, that's pretty naff.

    Keith

    Ian R Malcomson wrote:
    > Douglas Bailey <trystero@world.std.com> writes
    > >David Alex Lamb wrote:

    > >> "Naff" must be some English word I've never heard before. What does it
    > >> mean (besides something pejorative)?
    > >
    > >"Unstylish, clichéd or outmoded" according to several online dictionaries.
    > >Personally, I think I'd define it as "embarrassingly stupid or awful";
    > >others with more experience of British English may be able to provide more
    > >nuanced definitions.
    >
    > That's pretty much it. Good grief, they'll put anything into
    > dictionaries these days! :)
    >
    > --
    > Ian R Malcomson
    > "Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box"

    But they still won't put "gullible" in it. <shakes head>

    Gerald Katz

    The "Naff" debate

    Just to add a random update on "A guide to purile UK slang"

    One I esp like is - "going for a monkeys fag break"

    This will be interesting to US readers - as this actualy means on one
    level-

    "Going for a cigerette break"
    (fag only means ciggie in the UK)

    but the ACTUAL meaning is

    "Going for a wank in the toilet while at work"

    (see prev posts for analysis of verb "wank")

    Murf <rob_murfin@hotmail.com> writes

    >The "Naff" debate
    >

    >Just to add a random update on "A guide to purile UK slang"
    >
    >One I esp like is - "going for a monkeys fag break"
    >
    >This will be interesting to US readers - as this actualy means on one
    >level-
    >
    >"Going for a cigerette break"
    >(fag only means ciggie in the UK)

    We take great delight in rolling our fags before setting fire to them.

    --
    Ian R Malcomson
    "Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box"

Games Video Games